Irregular public funding.

Since you claims to be the "same club"

Wouldn't you consider, unpaid PAYE & NI, Tax avoidance schemes, Police & Ambulance debts etc.. as a form of state aid?

Nope. that's defrauding the state. I would have thought you of all people would have grasped the issue OP originally brought up in this thread.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since you claims to be the "same club"

Wouldn't you consider, unpaid PAYE & NI, Tax avoidance schemes, Police & Ambulance debts etc.. as a form of state aid?

That's not like you, EA. Smacks of the same kind of whataboutery that you accuse your distaff cousins of.

I suspect this may turn out to be a big fuss over very little. However, most successful buisnessmen are in some way crooks & charlatans. It may be no more than Celtic getting mates rates on some land, or a better rate than the ordinary punter would get on a loan.

Probably nothing criminal, or illegal, but perhaps still morally bereft.

Given the financial turmoil / shenanigans that surround Scottish football it’s only right that any allegations are investigated properly / transparently by the correct authorities. I look forward to seeing that done. From what I understand Celtic have conducted their business correctly, if not then it needs to be made public and any wrongdoing acted upon.

However Celtic / all the council bodies / individuals accused as being corrupt are saying all actions were above board and could have been easily confirmed as such by very little effort / digging if you so wish to do so, if that’s the case then I hope any investigating authorities say so

If it’s the case that knowingly false allegations have been made / pushed maliciously by people due to their prejudices, and it seems that these allegations are directed from a very narrow and clearly identified group then I would hope that those accused take action.

I suspect this may turn out to be a big fuss over very little. However, most successful buisnessmen are in some way crooks & charlatans. It may be no more than Celtic getting mates rates on some land, or a better rate than the ordinary punter would get on a loan.

Probably nothing criminal, or illegal, but perhaps still morally bereft.

There is no need to prove anything criminal or corrupt took place. Only how much benefit was gained from it.

Firstly the EC will establish if you have competitors, and if your activities could be carried out by a private operator in order to make profits. Once that's established they'll test you against 5 things

1. Did you receive aid from the state, or publicly funded body?

2. Did it give you an advantage?

3. Did it show a degree of favouritism?

4. Did it distort competition in the market?

5. Is the activity trade able with other EU nations? (This is vague and poorly defined. I'm not sure how this applies in a football context)

Good luck trying to dance around these 5 things.

Given the financial turmoil / shenanigans that surround Scottish football it’s only right that any allegations are investigated properly / transparently by the correct authorities. I look forward to seeing that done. From what I understand Celtic have conducted their business correctly, if not then it needs to be made public and any wrongdoing acted upon.

However Celtic / all the council bodies / individuals accused as being corrupt are saying all actions were above board and could have been easily confirmed as such by very little effort / digging if you so wish to do so, if that’s the case then I hope any investigating authorities say so

If it’s the case that knowingly false allegations have been made / pushed maliciously by people due to their prejudices, and it seems that these allegations are directed from a very narrow and clearly identified group then I would hope that those accused take action.

You mean like the narrow clearly identified group that made allegations up about my club.

Dodgy Desmond has that name for a reason. I am sure he will have put sufficient distance between himself and these illegal property deals...Let's hope Liewwell has had the same sense.

You mean like the narrow clearly identified group that made allegations up about my club.

Dodgy Desmond has that name for a reason. I am sure he will have put sufficient distance between himself and these illegal property deals...Let's hope Liewwell has had the same sense.

Thought you were not coming back to this part of the forum since you made a complete cnut of yourself on the celtic view post ?

Oldco should have learned from Celtic, this is how you do good business whilst taking care of your club and community :)

The desperation from the zombies is brilliant, only thing i can say is the zombies will have opened a can of worms now, Our club and board play by the books unlike the cheats on the other side of the city, with all the tit for tat garbage we have in the city its only a matter of time before someone else digs up more gems from the tax dodgers.

Id like to know who owns the title deeds, the legend craigy whyte is contesting and wants another appeal in the ticketus case, does he as many suspect have the deeds in his castle ?

Thought you were not coming back to this part of the forum since you made a complete cnut of yourself on the celtic view post ?

No matter how many times you tell a lie it never makes it the truth. I was spot on with that thread and the Derry Pele agrees. He was fucking raging about it. I left this area for very good reason which is pretty well known

Anyway all the deflection in the World is not going to make this go away.

, Our club and board play by the books unlike the cheats on the other side of the city, with all the tit for tat garbage we have in the city its only a matter of time before someone else digs up more gems from the tax dodgers.

Dermott Desmond is a tax dodger...Your manager is a Tax dodger among many other things. You play by the rules? When you getting back from Japan? You cancelled a game because you knew you would be humped as your team was in disarray because a player who you hounded after he left parkhead tragically died...funny when the team was flying you never cancelled anything when club 'legend' Tommy Burns died.

I would rather die with our History than have to live with yours.

And with that i will say goodbye

Fotbawmad, you appear pretty knowledgeable on this and don't appear to have an 'agenda'.

In your opinion is there trouble coming Celtic's way?

It there is trouble coming I don't think it will happen for a while, and it's unlikely to be as bad as the so called 'haters' are speculating. However, Lawwell, Desmond and GCC have some explaining to do. If they're allegedly buying up land for 5-10 times less than what it's worth, and then taking out loans based off real valuations, then that's serious. You then have the loans below base rates, which seemed to have been given for political reasons. So that's a triple whammy of things right there.

Dismissed this story the 1st time I saw it, really did think it was a complete nothingness, however it does now seem to be gaining some momentum, the amount of sweep sweep, nothing to see here and whataboutery comments from celtic fans is rather telling, expected from idiots like hellbhoy but even decent celtic fans like rico are at it.

You calling me an idiot ? :lol: , truly another five star gaff from you once again :1eye . I haven't put whataboutery but stated the fact this thread was created by someone hurting so bad their life's mission to see Celtic suffer as bad or worse than the corrupt club you used to support. And remember yer triumph ya fanny about ASA to a degree and this ranks up there with fuds in your support who will pester any organisation about anything that will topple Celtic in any way.

He's not dopey at all and you're not clever at all.

So to be accurate, you're EXACTLY as clever as he is dopey.

An idiot defending another idiot !, truly a priceless idiotic attempt at whataboutery Jockstrap :1eye , away ye go and bile yer napper ^_^ .

Dermott Desmond is a tax dodger...Your manager is a Tax dodger among many other things. You play by the rules? When you getting back from Japan? You cancelled a game because you knew you would be humped as your team was in disarray because a player who you hounded after he left parkhead tragically died...funny when the team was flying you never cancelled anything when club 'legend' Tommy Burns died.

I would rather be a racist with our History than have to live with yours.

And with that i will say goodbye

PMSL nomates is having another meltdown :lol:

Why don't you try to organize another game of golf, you sad sac :shutup

Nomates are you still saying that the roadsign graphic that appeared in the Celtic view was a sign that Celtic football club are in some way showing support for the IRA :lol::lol::lol:

Honestly you lot crack me up, i kind of feel sorry for you & your sad pathetic ways :jerry

The fact that your using someones death to point score shows that you are what was shown in other posts, nothing but a racist bigot :thumbsdown

Celtic abide by the law, do good business and help to regenerate the surrounding area and community, where your dead club robbed cheated and sh@t on everything they could, not paying back moneys owned, moneys that should have gone to good causes, not forgetting the charity match they robbed :thumbsdown

I do believe there will be folk gunning to find any dirt they can on secvo now, but to be honest were kind of used to seeing headlines of your so called club, my favourite part of the whole shambles has been the two guys names.

Green & Whyte :thumsup2

d like to see your reply but you've ran away like a wee wean again :rolleyes:

It there is trouble coming I don't think it will happen for a while, and it's unlikely to be as bad as the so called 'haters' are speculating. However, Lawwell, Desmond and GCC have some explaining to do. If they're allegedly buying up land for 5-10 times less than what it's worth, and then taking out loans based off real valuations, then that's serious. You then have the loans below base rates, which seemed to have been given for political reasons. So that's a triple whammy of things right there.

What sort of trouble could it lead it to out of interest?

What sort of trouble could it lead it to out of interest?

Fines, or forcing the original aid to be repaid with interest. However, even if that happens they'll likely be given generous conditions like repaying it over a ten year period (10 years is the maximum allotted time given by the EC)

Archived