Forgotten Artists

CowdenbeathLoyal

I loved The Subways when I was 15. Embodied everything good about being a teenager for me. Still get a wee nostalgia blast if a song pops up on my ipod or that. Shame everything they done after that first album was rubbish.

I saw the Subways live when I was in Oslo a few years ago. I was never particularly a fan but it just happened to be on so I went along. I managed to get the sexy wee bass player to sign my beer belly with a marker pen. :P

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the Subways live when I was in Oslo a few years ago. I was never particularly a fan but it just happened to be on so I went along. I managed to get the sexy wee bass player to sign my beer belly with a marker pen. :P

Charlotte :wub: Mind seeing them in the Garage years ago and the singer stage dived off the top floor, booting my mate in the face in the process. Good times.

• 3 months later...

Razorlight anyone? Playing Beladrum festival this weekend but were bigger than that at one point before. Had a fair few good tunes I.e. "America" and "Before I Fall To Pieces", and then nothing else. Shame.

Shit tunes and utter c**t of a frontman. They however only about 5/6 years ago were commanding fees of £250,000 to play T in the Park. Mental.

Razorlight anyone? Playing Beladrum festival this weekend but were bigger than that at one point before. Had a fair few good tunes I.e. "America" and "Before I Fall To Pieces", and then nothing else. Shame.

Seen them at Benicassim a few weeks ago.

On topic, Cornershop!

• 2 weeks later...

Menswear were excellent.

Menswear were a laughing stock at the time. A music press joke.

It maybe tells you something that today in 2014, they sound better than most guitar bands.

That doesn't mean Menswear are excellent though, it just means guitar music has died on its arse, at least in Britain.

Archived