Only An Excuse 2013 .... 14

Ned Nederlander

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I moaned about it last year, I'm moaning about it again. If anyone finds me moaning next year this is my permission to get a bit stabby with knives in my sternum area.

It's pretty justified moaning. We all tune in (stupidly like utter twats) expecting a hilarious and entertaining satire of our rarely touched modern game. Yet as per the past few years, we get treated to jokes from the same edition 10 years ago, reformatted for the current edition, along with maybe one or two decent sketches.

We need to stop watching really, but we won't. It's like that senile relative you have who is slowly losing their way mentally but still retains some of their initial characteristics. We keep going back hoping for the good ol' times.

That or it's just a shit programme.

It's pretty justified moaning. We all tune in (stupidly like utter twats) expecting a hilarious and entertaining satire of our rarely touched modern game. Yet as per the past few years, we get treated to jokes from the same edition 10 years ago, reformatted for the current edition, along with maybe one or two decent sketches.

We need to stop watching really, but we won't. It's like that senile relative you have who is slowly losing their way mentally but still retains some of their initial characteristics. We keep going back hoping for the good ol' times.

That or it's just a shit programme.

The Paki Bonner sketch - didn't look like him, didn't sound like him, didn't make sense, wasn't funny - summed up the show.

Not the worst one I've seen but still pretty bad. The Johann Lamont stuff was nailed on and liked George Galloway's comment about Rangers fans being at their wit's end. The rest was mostly forgettable. The Pat Bonner bit being the worst of it.

So... Only an Excuse eh? Aye it is only an excuse for the crappy writers to justify their paychecks (thoroughly undeserved) from the BBC

Also, why couldn't they have done a sketch about Tommy Craig being asked if he has anything to say to the fans after the latest defeat and he just stares at the reporter with his angry and confused face. Between sketches cut back to the same interview and TC still has the same face and occasionally move the camera to the reporters nervy face and at the end of the show see TC just walk away without giving an answer

Also seeing a sketch with Sutton assaulting Langfield and the motherwell players holding the Aberdeen players down and the goal still standing would have been funny too

Archived