Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

I've been watching a documentary about the Battle of Bannockburn. A historian said that the English army felt that being English they just had to turn up and victory was assured.

Not much has changed in seven hundred years, has it?

The agony and the ecstasy. Decent documentary on sky arts narrated by Norman Jay about the rave scene and dance music.

They've got that the wrong way round.
I always got the agony after the ecstasy.

Stuck with it through to the first break. Utter utter shite. Edmonds must have some real dirt on someone at Channel 4.

Can't believe they've went with this shite rather than an extra coupleof weeks of the excellent Question Jury.

Stuck with it through to the first break. Utter utter shite. Edmonds must have some real dirt on someone at Channel 4.

Can't believe they've went with this shite rather than an extra coupleof weeks of the excellent Question Jury.

It's a shambles of a show.
Also what's with Edmonds and his mug of coffee? Can't he wait for a break in filming or is it supposed to show him as some sort of endearing everyman!?

1 hour ago, happysouth said:

Cheap cheap cheap.
Just caught 5 minutes of this absolute shit.

I only saw the trailer, including what appeared to be a cardboard coffin that somebody joked contained Edmonds' career.

I'd have asked them if it actually contained this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Late,_Late_Breakfast_Show#Death_of_Michael_Lush_and_cancellation

Been off sick a bit lately so inevitably watching lots of frasier repeats, it's a great show but some of the characters really let it down. Poppy, curly? Daphnes brothers etc. Probably should have ended sooner. I particularly like the different title cards.

1 hour ago, Latino Lover said:

Been off sick a bit lately so inevitably watching lots of frasier repeats, it's a great show but some of the characters really let it down. Poppy, curly? Daphnes brothers etc. Probably should have ended sooner. I particularly like the different title cards.

Any episode that features Daphne's family is one to miss.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wid, except fat Terry and the fat Bird of a feather.

Well, June Whitfield is 91 if that's what floats your boat. By all means post her photo over on the MILFs thread.

The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross

Netflix have a couple of seasons of it. I vaguely remember it being on TV in the mornings when I was a kid, particularly during school holidays.

I defy anybody to watch it and not feel incredibly relaxed. Maybe it's Bob's voice. Maybe it's subject matter - always landscapes. Maybe it's the tapping or the swishing of the brush on canvas. It's almost hypnotic. There's something about Bob painting his happy little trees that helps you forget what a soulless place the modern world is.

I can imagine it being absolutely brilliant to watch when you're baked.