Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

50 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think Barrowman is actually worse for it. Anyway came on here to say this Len Goodman show they keep advertising on the BBC looks like that kind of claptrap that would make you want to craw out your eyeballs and stick knitting needles in your ears.

Don't know why but when I see Len Goodman the first thing that comes to mind is nazi paedophile.

Twin Peaks annoys me, its so pretentious and up its own arse and reeks of thinking its clever because it had a scene where a guy swpt the floor for 15 minutes. The TV equivalent of Tracey Emins unmade bed being called art. Absolute dogshit masquerading as entertainment.

37 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Twin Peaks annoys me, its so pretentious and up its own arse and reeks of thinking its clever because it had a scene where a guy swpt the floor for 15 minutes. The TV equivalent of Tracey Emins unmade bed being called art. Absolute dogshit masquerading as entertainment.

I went to a Tracey Emin exhibition in Edinburgh a few years ago and saw the fabled unmade bed. Up to that point, I felt pretty much the same was about it as you did. But then I noticed all the items that were scattered on the bed and the floor around it -- empty bottles of booze, discarded johnny bag, pill boxes of anti-depressants with no lids, filthy sheets, a lonely wee pair of slippers -- and something of a story became clearer. Despite myself, I found it quite affecting and clever.

Twin Peaks is shite, tho.

I've just finished the first 3 series of "Skins".
While the first two are fun, exciting and full of excellent characters portrayed very well by a fairly young cast, the third falls right off a cliff. The storylines become dull or repetitive, the characters are dull and cliched and the overall themes explored had all been done in the first "generation".

19 hours ago, accies1874 said:

While the first two are fun, exciting and full of excellent characters portrayed very well by a fairly young cast, the third falls right off a cliff. The storylines become dull or repetitive, the characters are dull and cliched and the overall themes explored had all been done in the first "generation".

Aye the first two series' are brilliant but then it just becomes utter w**k and increasingly implausible

20 hours ago, accies1874 said:

58 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye the first two series' are brilliant but then it just becomes utter w**k and increasingly implausible

Watched it the first time around and quite enjoyed the first two series. The last episode of the 4th series  though, wow.

Watched it the first time around and quite enjoyed the first two series. The last episode of the 4th series  though, wow.

Not there yet, but I can't see anything topping the end of the penultimate episode of series 2. Closest I've come to crying at a piece of fiction. Absolutely fucking heart breaking.

10 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Not there yet, but I can't see anything topping the end of the penultimate episode of series 2. Closest I've come to crying at a piece of fiction. Absolutely fucking heart breaking.

Well just wait.

"Gluck-Who Did She Thinks She Was" on BBC4 replay tells me that the presenter and singer of Muffin the Mule, an early children's programme, was a raging lesbianist.

C2sS1cuXcAEIrw2.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

Watching tipping point and im pretty sure the lad who got binned in the first round finished with 0. 2 questions he couldn't answer were shocking, i cant remember them word for word but you get the jist of how easy they were.

1. Which celestial body in the solar system is responsible for the majority of the energy in plantlife?
  2. Which Christmas movie saw Macaulay Culkin face off against the 'Wet Bandits'?

Caught the first little bit of this last night;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b093x4gb/mountain-life-at-the-extreme-series-1-1-rockies#

Go to 05.11 and have a chuckle as bighorn sheep kick each other in the balls to goad each other in to fighting to see who can get to pump the in heat females. Genuinely amusing and interesting stuff.