Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Jaws The Revenge is on STV now if anyone is interested? Nah thought not. I'm watching though, and will let you all know if it's the version where Mario Van Peebles pops out of the water with a cheeky quip despite having his legs ripped off presumably a fatal loss of blood, within about 30 secs.

Which Jaws has Micheal Caine in it?. Remember seeing him being interviewed, he was asked about his Jaws film and if he had seen it, he said he had not, but he had seen the house he bought with the money and its beautiful

3 minutes ago, ecto said:

Which Jaws has Micheal Caine in it?. Remember seeing him being interviewed, he was asked about his Jaws film and if he had seen it, he said he had not, but he had seen the house he bought with the money and its beautiful

Jaws the revenge is 4th I think in the series.

Possibly one of the worst films ever made.

Complete balloon on Tenable decides that Madrid and Barcelona play football in Italy and that Hungary is a country in South America. Give me strength.
Untrue. It's fucking freezing in Hungary currently, unlike I'd imagine South America. I was just outside, I know.

Seems to have been a night of Billy Connolly stuff on Beeb2 tonight.

I used to be a huge fan, and always found him very entertaining but now he just seems to irritate me - especially the old stuff which has been completely flogged to death over the years.

Recent things that have delighted...
- Great Indian Railway Journeys. I know it's a repeat but the colours, the mental trains and Portillo's willingness to give anything a go is just a joy.
- Morecambe and Wise in America. I never knew they'd performed in the States, let alone been fairly successful. The footage of them on the Ed Sullivan show is fascinating.

Things that annoy...
- the adverts on UK Gold. While watching the Morecambe and Wise show mentioned above, during the ad break they had a trailer for the Morecambe and Wise show I was watching at the time. Idiots.
- The ABC Murders. Probably my favourite Christie book (and the Suchet adaptation - which was on recently on ITV3 - is superb) so expectations were high. But what a mess. Malkovic was OK although his accent was a bit all over the place, but the big clue in the book/Suchet with the wrong address wasn't included, there was the unnecessary death of a classic character, an additional murder in a town beginning with E (to pad it out to 3 episodes perhaps), and two weird sub-plots: one about the rise of fascism and another about Poirot's past which only makes any sort of sense if there are to be more adaptations in this series (which I don't think there are any planned). If the World needs more Poirot, and I'd be happy if this was true, then they should be getting Suchet to do Black Coffee and adaptations of the Sophie Markham novels that have been released in the last 3 or 4 years.

On 28/12/2018 at 23:36, ICTJohnboy said:

Seems to have been a night of Billy Connolly stuff on Beeb2 tonight.

I used to be a huge fan, and always found him very entertaining but now he just seems to irritate me - especially the old stuff which has been completely flogged to death over the years.

I watched the first episode of Made In Scotland tonight, I actually quite enjoyed it. Very nostalgic, felt quite sad in parts, seemed like he was just watching his life go past his eyes. Think the next one about parkinsons is going to be a tough watch.