Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Colonel March of Scotland Yard on the TalkingPictures tv channel.

Boris Karloff stars as Col. March of the Queer Complaints Department, ably assisted by his Scottish sidekick Inspector Ames.

Like a 1950's Holmes & Watson.

30 minute who-dunnits. Good to spot some early tv appearances by big stars.

Easy viewing

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 09:45, Tynierose said:
On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:31, gogsy said:

A level student that wants to be a lawyer on the Chase, has to be on of the thickest players ever on it.

The chase is giving me the rage these days, I'm sure they're deliberately selecting thickos.

I'm always suspected that quiz shows, particularly in prime time slots, have a restriction on anyone with any serious knowledge. Part of the appeal is watching someone who can't answer the questions when you can.

29 minutes ago, Northboy said:

I'm always suspected that quiz shows, particularly in prime time slots, have a restriction on anyone with any serious knowledge. Part of the appeal is watching someone who can't answer the questions when you can.

Can confirm. Have applied to be on two quiz shows and, each time, there was a group of folk and a general knowledge quiz was handed out. Each time I got the highest score and wasn't selected but absolute roasters who couldn't find Canada on a map of Canada were picked for their bubbly personalities or some other shite. I then watched the shows and saw these dipshits fail miserably on telly but they had top bantz and "a great day out"

Not that I'm bitter or anything :/

Can confirm. Have applied to be on two quiz shows and, each time, there was a group of folk and a general knowledge quiz was handed out. Each time I got the highest score and wasn't selected but absolute roasters who couldn't find Canada on a map of Canada were picked for their bubbly personalities or some other shite. I then watched the shows and saw these dipshits fail miserably on telly but they had top bantz and "a great day out"

Not that I'm bitter or anything :/
Act thick the next time and fail some selection questions.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'll still be boring tho'.

Might wear a "wacky" tie

I'd have thought you'd have to be a whacky extrovert to want to go on these shows, unless you think you've a decent chance of getting the cash, if there is any.

16 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

The Scottish boy in the final of Masterchef. Oh my word he's punching above his weight with his Brazilian girlfriend!

This is correct.

He and the other 2 finalists are also as good as any that have ever been on the show. Marcus and Monica are clearly properly impressed.

There is a 2017 remake of dirty dancing on virgin one (ire) right now. If one film about a predatory red coat wasn't bad enough it appears the blue coats are getting the up to date treatment

4 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

The Scottish boy in the final of Masterchef. Oh my word he's punching above his weight with his Brazilian girlfriend!

Her boobies must have cost him a few months wages..

51 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Getting to the business end of Jaws now, Hooper is in the cage.

One of those films that no matter how many times you have seen it, there is always something in it that you have forgotten about.