Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

I watched the first episode of Mini Disco Divas on the BBC Scotland channel with my daughter last night. Quite an entertaining and eye-opening look at the kids' free-style dancing scene in Scotland. I was more disappointed than I should have been that the wee brother of 10 year-old twins Brooke and Taylor in Greenock isn't called Tim.

On 24/08/2020 at 14:29, Stellaboz said:

Anyone remember Tarrant on TV? Used to be a possible way of seeing some boobs on nights where channel 5 weren't showing something juicy, or channel 4 didn't have a "Confessions of a..." film. 

Or OTT, which was Tiswas with nudity*

*unfortunately not Sally James.

Tyson Vs Jaws : Rumble on The Reef .on the Discovery channel . The baddest man on the planet becomes a shark whisperer , yes it's a crazy as it sounds , ex boxer Mike Tyson diving with sharks, it becomes even more surreal ,  if that's possible when you discover that his instructor is man who has lost one of his arms and one his legs to shark attacks  in the past . Crazy stuff but enjoyable 

My daughter has started subjecting us to Mystery Diners - a US reality programme where the presenters go undercover with hidden cameras to expose staff misdeeds in various restaurants. It really is the biggest load of sh#t I've ever seen on TV, every episode looks blatantly scripted and acted out.

There was a thing on Channel 5 the other night about a guy who had his penis removed due to cancer, and was getting help for some kind of replacement appendage.

I didn't watch it because I'm too squeamish and knew it would give me nightmares.

Just wondering if anyone saw it and if the guy had a ...erm...happy ending, as it were?

11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Can someone recommend me a good British TV show that’s been made in the last few years?

I’m fed up watching IT Crowd repeats.

I’m not really into police dramas where everyone seems to whisper.

Toast of London. Can you hear me Clem Fandango?

10 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
11 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
Can someone recommend me a good British TV show that’s been made in the last few years?
I’m fed up watching IT Crowd repeats.
I’m not really into police dramas where everyone seems to whisper.

Catastrophe. Available on All4.

That’s a great shout. 

19 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
23 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
Taskmaster.

Yes. I fucking adore Taskmaster. Start at the beginning but skip the series with Noel Fielding, because Noel Fielding is in it

To be fair, even the series with Noel Fielding in it was worth watching because Mel was lovely and Hugh was utterly inept.