Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Michael palin Himalayas

Talking about his three month trip, really enjoyable hour of tv.

Pretty impressive that he got to base camp at 60. 

Lovely stuff. I’ve started watching the series itself again. First episode is magnificent, especially the last 20 minutes of so with the polo match played at 12,000 feet.

On 01/01/2021 at 09:58, Funky Nosejob said:

The Last Leg. What a load of self-indulgent shite. 
Had hoped that the absence of “Mike the Cameraman” would allow them to get back to addressing the issues facing the disabled community, which used to be and should be their main remit, but the last season has shown that not to be the case. 
As for the Last Leg of the Year - A quiz about the hosts and guests, a birthday tribute to the main host and videos of the hosts. 
I get that it had to be prerecorded but, f**k, that was brutal. 

At least we got to see James Acaster telling Lorraine Kelly to f**k off.

On 01/01/2021 at 00:16, spud131 said:

Was just coming on to question how she has managed to stay 'current' for the last 17 years on the back of one decent song and getting pumped by a couple of second rate footballer!

to call Steve Lovell a 2nd rate footballer is simply untrue. He is was never good enough to be 2nd rate 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Boy just blew £100k on Beat The Chasers. Had 20 seconds to answer a question and completely shit the bed.

Aye, he absolutely fucked it. I just knew when he looked at the clock with about 8 seconds left that his head had gone and he wasn't going to do it. 

Aye, he absolutely fucked it. I just knew when he looked at the clock with about 8 seconds left that his head had gone and he wasn't going to do it. 
One of my pet hates on these shows is contestants passing on questions like "Which colour/country/animal...". Just have a guess ffs!

The Serpent BBC 1, Sunday's 9pm, based on events during the 1970's in Thailand where various backpackers went missing after meeting evil French playboy Alain & his cohorts.

The Thai cops don't really want to know, so it's up to a geeky Dutch embassy guy to investigate.

Decent enough to stick with, so far. 

The Serpent BBC 1, Sunday's 9pm, based on events during the 1970's in Thailand where various backpackers went missing after meeting evil French playboy Alain & his cohorts.
The Thai cops don't really want to know, so it's up to a geeky Dutch embassy guy to investigate.
I'm up to episode six, quite enjoying it all. Moves along at a good pace, if a little jumpy between timelines. Also, the various sunglasses on display are very cool.

6 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:
10 hours ago, Silverton End said:

I'm up to episode six, quite enjoying it all. Moves along at a good pace, if a little jumpy between timelines. Also, the various sunglasses on display are very cool.

Yes, the eyewear is sumptuous, as is Monique/Marie-Andree` 😍

10 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Too gloomy for me. Meanwhile got a wee thrill to see Horizon is back on tonight, maybe parallel universes or something? No.

image.png.be60ee78a339fa67cfcf0f64752ff562.png

Tonight’s One Show. Fantastic section about a guy who takes photos of people who have lost loved ones. The photos are taken in the same place that the original pictures of the couple’s were originally taken. Tear to a glass eye stuff at the end where he pictured himself with his mother, taking the place of his late father.