Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 17/08/2021 at 11:09, scottsdad said:

A new show on tonight called Annika. 

Nicola Walker playing (surprise surprise) a detective. Britain's most wooden actress. 

I quite liked it , found it a wee bit quirky , I'll definitely watch it again 

On 17/08/2021 at 11:09, scottsdad said:

A new show on tonight called Annika. 

Nicola Walker playing (surprise surprise) a detective. Britain's most wooden actress. 

I would have said Thora Birch, but unfortunately she's not British.

Kirsty Wark interviewing Aamer Anwar in the Sub Club about house and rave music has to be the most BBC Scotlandshire thing i've ever seen.

Stuart Braithwaithe praising Arab Strap and the Proclaimers for singing in their own accent after a clip from the 90s demonstrating how much his accent has changed is another belter.

Lying in bed last night, a bit tired. It was about midnight. I thought - I'll watch the first 20 minutes of an old Columbo I'd recorded, then go to sleep and watch the rest tomorrow. I'll just watch the killer do their thing, then fall asleep, and watch the detective bit the next night...

20 minutes later I'm engrossed. The killer has set up their elaborate murder in time to get back to the orchestra he was conducting. He had his alibi set, had an alibi for his car, every angle covered except one...Didn't get to sleep until half past one. Watched the whole thing. 

Damn the early Columbos were good. 

Stumbled across Kinky Daters last night on C4.  An interesting take on televisual entertainment, however, I reckon that some further in depth research is needed on the Wings wifie that seemed be some kind of tattooed dominatrix.

Spoiler

Not the big dildo bit though.

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Stumbled across Kinky Daters last night on C4.  An interesting take on televisual entertainment, however, I reckon that some further in depth research is needed on the Wings wifie that seemed be some kind of tattooed dominatrix.

Reveal hidden contents

Not the big dildo bit though.

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

10 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

really enjoyed Steve Coogan, still comes across a little bit Partridge though 

I have a similar problem whenever a comedian plays a straight role. For instance, when Rowan Atkinson did Maigret, I kept expecting him to do something Blackadderish.

Stumbled across Knight Fight on History channel the other night, guys dressed up in home made armour beating the living crap out of each other with axe's, swords etc.

Some of the blows dished out were brutal, at one point a guy charged at an opponent and almost took his head off, utterly mental.