Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 10/04/2017 at 21:41, 19QOS19 said:

Started watching Peep Show for the first time on Netflix. Had always meant to get round to watching it but never did. Glad I've waited to binge. Started a week and a half ago and I'm 5 episodes from the end. It's a good 25 min watch but then you'll get hit with the odd episode that makes the tears almost stream. Season 6 was absolutely excellent throughout.

Peep Show is my favourite British sitcom. There is a slight drop-off in quality by around the beginning of Series 8, but I feel that is more to do with the strength of earlier episodes than anything else; even then, it is still very watchable. One thing it does well throughout is the scattered introductions of varied, new characters; Elena and Gail help to make Series 6 such as success and ensure that the show does not become overly repetitive as it progresses or too reliant on old plots and relationships, similarly Zahra and Ben perform that role in Series 7. My favourite episode is either Jeremy Makes It, when Mark befriends racist Daryl and Jeremy and Hans 'threaten' Gog with a baseball bat, or Sophie's Parents, when Ian burns down the barn, Jeremy has sex with Sophie's mum and Mark rips the bird's head off. 

Car Share was good.... Don't know if they're thinking of a third but after watching the 4th episode I'm not sure how they'd do it, possible a Xmas special or something.

The safari park scenes n bits with monkey had me in pain.

Aye I was dead impressed with Car Share again. The monkey wearing a seatbelt [emoji38]

It can't be left like that. An Xmas special is maybe how it'll finish.

Peter kay is bit like Gervais in that he tends to know when to kill a show off before the quality drops off ( that Brent film aside)

I quite like the story lines but Hinterland must be the dreariest, greyest, dreichest, most soul-destroying programme ever.  There is never even one hint of levity.

Probably an authentic depiction of Wales, though.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I quite like the story lines but Hinterland must be the dreariest, grayest, dreichest, most soul-destroying programme ever.  There is never even one hint of levity.

Probably an authentic depiction of Wales, though.

There's something very widdish about Mali Harries though.