Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

46 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Ant Middleton may sound like David Beckham but the Everest thing was impressive. They really need to start assessing who can go up that mountain it's full of twats getting dragged up and nearly killing everyone as a result.

There was an ex-Gurkha at the Remembrance Day ceremony in London yesterday who lost both legs above the knee. He intends to climb Everest in 2020. I wouldn't like to be the one to tell him he can't do it!

I agree with you though. There is a waiting list for expeditions; you can't just turn up, so I imagine the Nepalese authorities do have some sort of qualification standard.

There was an ex-Gurkha at the Remembrance Day ceremony in London yesterday who lost both legs above the knee. He intends to climb Everest in 2020. I wouldn't like to be the one to tell him he can't do it!
I agree with you though. There is a waiting list for expeditions; you can't just turn up, so I imagine the Nepalese authorities do have some sort of qualification standard.
They did a training run and one guy couldn't pull himself up ten feet. Ant quite rightly told him to gtf and that he was putting everyone at risk. I suppose it was army training taking but you need to be brutal after camp four any mistake or lack of climbing skill could kill lots of people.

On 06/11/2018 at 20:46, NJ2 said:

Watching Louis Theroux’s documentary on polyamory. Very eye opening and really can’t get my head round it.

I don’t think Jerry could quite get his head round it either. Once he dies though they better hope he doesn’t have access to firearms!

The Heist on Sky One was superb. Laughed out loud (very loudly) twice - one time at something in episode 2 with the forensic scientist, and again in about episode 5 with the nursery nurse. Don't want to give too much away as spoilers don't seem to work so well on the app. Worth a binge watch though.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:24, D.A.F.C said:

Ant Middleton may sound like David Beckham but the Everest thing was impressive. They really need to start assessing who can go up that mountain it's full of twats getting dragged up and nearly killing everyone as a result.

I watched this (and forgot to post about it), but two things struck me:

- Climbing the tallest mountain in the world deserves more than one hour of television, including adverts

- I found it very convenient that there was no camera footage of the moment he described being stuck during his descent waiting for people to go down in front of him. 

Having read Into Thin Air earlier in the year there's just so much more to a climb like that than what was in the programme, and it was interesting to read. 

Chefs on MasterChef: The Professionals who don't have a fucking clue what they're doing.
This both annoys and delights me, because it allows Marcus Wareing and Monica Galletti to show us their glorious "WTF" expressions
Monica Galletti is one of the most scathing people iv ever seen. She doesnt put it on, nor does she really try to do it. It just happens. Even when shes trying to be nice, it flies from her.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Chefs on MasterChef: The Professionals who don't have a fucking clue what they're doing.
This both annoys and delights me, because it allows Marcus Wareing and Monica Galletti to show us their glorious "WTF" expressions

Monica Galletti is one of the most scathing people iv ever seen. She doesnt put it on, nor does she really try to do it. It just happens. Even when shes trying to be nice, it flies from her.

I'm a huge fan of her and Marcus. They don't f**k about trying to spare people's feelings.

It can be absolutely majestic viewing at times.