Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 14/09/2023 at 16:08, GordonD said:

Just watched the first episode (actually the first two, as you pointed out). Excellent stuff so I'll be binging on the rest. Thanks for the heads-up.

Took me a moment to realise that was Brian Blessed, minus his trademark beard like a sixties fanny. But his eyes and particularly the voice were unmistakable. 

My mother's a huge I, Claudius fan - I bought it for her on VHS about thirty years ago and ended up compulsively watching it myself  :P

Years later, she was looking through my DVD collection while I was out and put on a Roman epic with an all-star British cast, thinking it would be similar. It wasn't quite what she had in mind.

1999-09-17_caligula_fully_resorted.jpg?w

2 episodes into Crime season 2. I thought season 1 was good though not brilliant, but good enough for a watch. This season so far anyway is pretty poor. Just too obvious, seems to jump ahead really quickly with no substance and poor dialogue. No real flow at all which is a shame as it had the chance to be something really good if it had improved but its got worse. 

Is it just the first 2 episodes that are poor, should I continue watching?

On 25/09/2023 at 10:22, ScotiaNostra said:

2 episodes into Crime season 2. I thought season 1 was good though not brilliant, but good enough for a watch. This season so far anyway is pretty poor. Just too obvious, seems to jump ahead really quickly with no substance and poor dialogue. No real flow at all which is a shame as it had the chance to be something really good if it had improved but its got worse. 

Is it just the first 2 episodes that are poor, should I continue watching?

It's not up to the standard of the 1st series, but it's worth watching if you are at all interested in seeing some resolution to aspects of Lennox's past. Bob Toal also has some quite funny moments later in the series.

14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Iain Stirling on Saturday Kitchen.

"Your food hell?"

"Tomatoes"

"Why?"

"They burst like spots!"

Fuckoff you manchild.

He's a complete fanny. I'd love to meet the person who convinced the c**t he's even remotely funny. About as funny as a kick in the bollocks. 

14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Iain Stirling on Saturday Kitchen.

"Your food hell?"

"Tomatoes"

"Why?"

"They burst like spots!"

Fuckoff you manchild.

I used to like Saturday Kitchen when James Martin did it. I now watch him on a Saturday morning as Saturday Kitchen is the most toe curlingly middle class thing I could ever imagine

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I used to like Saturday Kitchen when James Martin did it. I now watch him on a Saturday morning as Saturday Kitchen is the most toe curlingly middle class thing I could ever imagine

Martin is an overblown fop, he is another in a long line of p***ks* to have bullied production staff.

*see Jeremy Clarkson.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Martin is an overblown fop, he is another in a long line of p***ks* to have bullied production staff.

*see Jeremy Clarkson.

My understanding of that incident was the production team were half arsing things and causing damage in his home.... happy to be corrected though as I do have low expectations of everyone on telly. Its just a better cooking programme with much less middle class "bants"

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My understanding of that incident was the production team were half arsing things and causing damage in his home.... happy to be corrected though as I do have low expectations of everyone on telly. Its just a better cooking programme with much less middle class "bants"

James Martin: TV chef agrees 'lessons learned' after losing temper - BBC News

Blue Marlin Television, which has made several programmes with Martin, also took responsibility for damaging his house and garden during a separate incident in 2018.

Martin is a co-founder of the production company with Fiona Lindsay, and the pair are currently its joint managing directors.

A company that he co-owns fucked up his house, yet he takes it out on others?

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

James Martin: TV chef agrees 'lessons learned' after losing temper - BBC News

A company that he co-owns fucked up his house, yet he takes it out on others?

Tbf, his Spanish Adventure series has been fantastic, but aye, owning the company changes the narrative a bit tbf. I suspect that all top level chefs are probably bell ends tbh. 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbf, his Spanish Adventure series has been fantastic, but aye, owning the company changes the narrative a bit tbf. I suspect that all top level chefs are probably bell ends tbh. 

I can add other chefs to the list.

Anthony Worrall Thomson for his Tesco shenanigans.

Jailbird Gino D'Acampo B&E and stealing guitars from Paul Young

Last but not least, Nigella Lawson for the many restraining orders she took out against me.

Let's face it, if you have one, you've crossed the Rubicon, you might as well have at least half a dozen.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)