Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

5 hours ago, sophia said:

The four episodes of The Sixth Commandment flew past with some great performances 

Mrs Ranter and I went the opposite way. Having really enjoyed the Catching A Killer factual dissection of the same story a wee while back, we had to give up on this dramatisation after about 30 mins. 

On 11/07/2023 at 18:15, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Much to my surprise I’ve pretty much binge watched Young Sheldon with the bairn over the past couple of weeks and enjoyed it.

f**k watching The Big Bang Theory though, bunch of nerd c***s.

The actress who plays Sheldon's mum in Big Bang Theory is the mum of the actress who plays Sheldon's mum in Young Sheldon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurie_Metcalf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoe_Perry

Edited by TheScarf

8 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Gregg Wallace: The British Miracle Meat on Channel 4 tonight.

Hide contents

I mean, fair fucks, didn't have Gregg Wallace down for doing dark, dystopian satire but here we are.

In a surprise to absolutely no-one, my wife thought it was real. I missed a few minutes, when I  joined it I doubted her description and made me apologise when they were indeed talking about human meat. I agreed they were but doubted the programme was genuine. It took another 10 minutes for her to come round to reality.

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In a surprise to absolutely no-one, my wife thought it was real. I missed a few minutes, when I  joined it I doubted her description and made me apologise when they were indeed talking about human meat. I agreed they were but doubted the programme was genuine. It took another 10 minutes for her to come round to reality.

There's some amusing comments on Facebook. I guess most of them regretted posting about ten minutes later

On 27/07/2023 at 14:33, KnightswoodBear said:

Season 2, Episode 6 of The Bear.

Good lord.

12 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Couldn't get past the first 3 episodes....I dread to think how much worse it could get.

It's absolutely riveting viewing but intensely uncomfortable throughout (the episode I mean, not the series overall, although there are of course some of those moments in other episodes, especially the final one).

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's absolutely riveting viewing but intensely uncomfortable throughout (the episode I mean, not the series overall, although there are of course some of those moments in other episodes, especially the final one).

I agree. It's an absolute masterclass from everyone in involved but I was exhausted after it. 

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I agree. It's an absolute masterclass from everyone in involved but I was exhausted after it. 

It was claustrophobic to watch at times.

Explains a lot about some of the characters though!

I've been enjoying "Earth" on Monday nights. It's an update of Life on Earth I suppose. Anyway millions of years, volcanoes, ice ages, evolution, disasters, extinctions and that's all before the dinosaurs appeared.