Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Please all watch There She Goes. My sister also has a chromosomal condition (1p36 deletion syndrome). It is the most accurate representation of growing up I've ever had

On 16/06/2023 at 22:40, BTFD said:

I have a visceral reaction to her. I think she must be a demon or something.

I had to stop watching the American version of The Office when she turned up towards the end and it became clear she was going to be a permanent addition to the cast. There's something so awful about her that it makes me feel ill. My nightmare is being forced to watch a chat show of her being interviewed by James Corden for eternity.

Go back and watch the rest. She comes in playing her usual obnoxious character but they dial her right down soon after and she kind of fades away. Some brilliant episodes missed if you genuinely stopped watching. 

Changing Ends. Sitcom based on the childhood of Alan Carr. Decent 6-parter. Not belly aching laughs but good for a wee chuckle. The wee guy playing Alan is definitely going to be picking up a comedy award as he was outstanding. Co-wrote by Simon Carlyle (Two Doors Down). 

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Go back and watch the rest. She comes in playing her usual obnoxious character but they dial her right down soon after and she kind of fades away. Some brilliant episodes missed if you genuinely stopped watching.

I keep meaning to - it's been long enough that I've been tempted to watch it again from the beginning anyway.

She's one of those rare people who seems to be able to turn me off from anything, no matter what she does. There's probably a nightmare universe where she replaces Danny DeVito in Always Sunny, becomes the only recurring cast member in Black Mirror, and is the new Big Bad in the MCU.

On 26/06/2023 at 21:02, Bully Wee Villa said:

"The Change" (Channel 4) - sitcom about a woman who decides to abandon her life when she hits fifty and starts going through, you've guessed it, "The Change". It's excellent. Good cast including Bridget Christie and Paul Whitehouse.

I started this and chucked it before end first episode.

Watching Catching a Killer.

On 07/07/2023 at 20:17, jimmy boo said:

Mrs Boo is watching some Chris Ramsay show on iplayer. The fact there is canned laughter every 2 seconds would confirm it is the least funny thing in christendom.........total cringe.

You sure? There's some stiff competition.

After barely watching sitcoms for about 20 years, when I didn’t have cable, I decided during lockdown to catch up on what I’d missed.

Always Sunny was the clear best and got polished off some time ago. Just finished the last episode of People Just do Nothing and thought it was really, really funny and well done.  I will now gargle wine to release the flavour. 

Man down was the only other one I’ve finished, and it was decent but not amazing.

American one with lots of well known folk in it, dysfunctional family thing, was decent too but the Netflix reboot was painfully shite.

Think that’s about it, decent wise. 

Didn’t miss that much tbh.

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

After barely watching sitcoms for about 20 years, when I didn’t have cable, I decided during lockdown to catch up on what I’d missed.

Always Sunny was the clear best and got polished off some time ago. Just finished the last episode of People Just do Nothing and thought it was really, really funny and well done.  I will now gargle wine to release the flavour. 

Man down was the only other one I’ve finished, and it was decent but not amazing.

American one with lots of well known folk in it, dysfunctional family thing, was decent too but the Netflix reboot was painfully shite.

Think that’s about it, decent wise. 

Didn’t miss that much tbh.

Curb? 

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Wasn’t that. Jeffrey tambor and scott pilgrim, plus others. Curb was pretty good but i've got it in my head as older than  the last 20 years. Then i am becoming befuddled. 

It was brilliant 20 years ago. 

UChqLt.gif