The Economic Case for an Independent Scotland

HardyBamboo

You're right, an independent Scotland doesn't have a legal obligation to pay back the debts. But if they don't, they don't get any assets.

Apart from things which are physically in this country, such as government buildings :) . Anyway, no debt and some assets is a very healthy financial position to be in.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask vip3r, he's the one that mentioned buildings. I was just picking up on the point.

Any buildings which are currently owned by the UK government...you are the one that says we would have none of the assets. Taking the Czech and Slovak republics as a precedent, what happened was the physical assets belonged to the state in which they were situated.

Are you sure about that? Who are they going to lose to, because the Labour vote is disappearing pretty quickly.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2014/02/11/latest-yougov-figures-show-over-1-in-4-2010-labour-voters-have-defected-tories-have-higher-core-vote/

Labour. I can't remember the last time the polls had the Conservatives in the lead, even if the gap has narrowed lately.

Well done Georgie boy. He just nuked the SNP and their ridiculous assertion about currency union.

The utter c***s that toed the SNP line about how it was all in the UKs "best interests" look like the economic illiterate clowns they were before they started copying and pasting shite from Newsnat, Wings and BfS (less members than my local round table).

Oh dear. <_<

Well done Georgie boy. He just nuked the SNP and their ridiculous assertion about currency union.

The utter c***s that toed the SNP line about how it was all in the UKs "best interests" look like the economic illiterate clowns they were before they started copying and pasting shite from Newsnat, Wings and BfS (less members than my local round table).

Oh dear. <_<

Now that you think the Currency Union is off the table, will you be voting Yes?

^^^^

Trusts labour now

Archived