17 Year Old Dies from 'Mortal Kombat' Tablet

Obviously I realise that some people and especially some young people will always be tempted to take drugs But how are you really going to try and educate people to not take drugs if we are then making sure the drugs they buy are safe . One minute we will be saying don't take them and the next saying yes these will be fine.

Currently, we tell people drugs are bad - don't do drugs. Yet, here we are watching people die because (who guessed it!) people will put whatever they like into their body regardless if it is illegal or not. The system is flawed and failing. Legalise, regulate, tax. The people get safe drugs, the government get shit loads in tax, everybody wins.

I'll await your inevitable "The whole country will turn into complete jakies!" retort.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently, we tell people drugs are bad - don't do drugs. Yet, here we are watching people die because (who guessed it!) people will put whatever they like into their body regardless if it is illegal or not. The system is flawed and failing. Legalise, regulate, tax. The people get safe drugs, the government get shit loads in tax, everybody wins.

I'll await your inevitable "The whole country will turn into complete jakies!" retort.

The whole country will turn into complete jakies

and no I don't actually think this.

Buying drugs is an illegal act though (and yes I know i'm sounding a bit Daily Mail-ish here) so if people are choosing to do it then I'm not really sure it is the right thing to do helping them take the right ones. Choosing to take drugs is the choice of the individual granted but where does that end? do you then reward dealers who sell purer drugs or perhaps have some kind of consumer website which rates the best places to buy them?

Consuming drugs is not an illegal act though.

Believe it or not, there's a website call pill reports, where people can actually discuss and rate specific batches of ecstasy.

The welsh government are set to introduce drug testing, with the results being published online. Really don't see a problem, as it might stop dealers cutting it with any old shite, and secondly stop people taking potentially fatal substances.

I know the last part of your post is tongue in cheek and my following comment isn't the best comparison but the country doesn't have a gambling addiction since they legalised betting adverts. Sure more people are having a flutter but we don't have an epidemic of families on the street due to running up massive gambling debts.

so person illegally in a club, dies of ingesting an illegal substance..

so two wrongs dont make a right.

Exactly. If it was an 18 year old that died would it make a difference? A family is still going to be missing their girl.

Pretty sure it's down to the club to prove otherwise anyway.

You don't actually know if it was the MK that killed her. It might have been fine. There could be any number of reasons why she died.

Post mortem underway. P&B druggies all crossing their fingers that it was some other stuff that killed her, and made 4 others sick, on that night in that club.

Fuxxake, a 17 year old lassie dies and sanctimony rules on the forum. I take it most of you were never young and did stupid things nor have kids around that age.

War on drugs my @rse,

Just as the stupidity of the Volstead act in America helped kill people who ended up drinking wood alcohol instead of Gin so our stupid attitude to drugs enriches criminals and kills weans.

The sad thing is, is that, once again, this wee lassie's death will result in the square root of f**k all happening. Rather than those in power seizing this as a point at which to really change this country's drug culture, with, for example, some sort of legalisation and control, jack shit will occur after a few days of kind words for the poor wee girl who died

And it'll be the exact same when the next teenager dies.

Archived