The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

They regularly become a decent sized force after four/five seasons on FM, go twenty years into the future and they turn into top four regulars, purely based on the amount of income the new stadium brings them.

Darlington confirm (again) the move back from Bishop Auckland to groundshare with Darlington RFC from next season. http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2016-03-18/darlington-fc-returning-to-the-town/

Plans here: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ground-images.pdf

What Blackwell Meadows looks like currently:

DSC00644-300x225.jpg

DSC00664-300x225.jpg

DSC00646-300x225.jpg

DSC00651-300x225.jpg

No official word just yet unfortunately. If I were to guess; I am of the assumption just now that we'll probably extend it a little bit, but try to keep the extension in line with the pillars/floodlights that hold the Roseburn & Gorgie stands, and will continue to apply for exemption should we make the Europa League. The Champions League is overrated anyway...

We would need to relocate the pillars which hold up the new stand/half roseburn & half Gorgie in order to have a compliant pitch length. The problem I gather is that the pillars are too close to the corner flags so we can have a pitch 2 metres too shot or two metres too narrow currently if you see what I mean. 

• 2 weeks later...

And Mario Gomez scored the goal to christen it in a stormer of a game. I actually like it. Really tight to the pitch and in Turkey with their mental fans it's probably pretty good on match day.

Why the F**K do they have TV screens in the back of every seat?

To watch replays apparently. Going to be hard to watch replays on those screens if there's nothing but flare smoke around you

Is there a reason the top tier at one end is different to the other 3 sides (it comes down further)? Odd for a new-build - it's like the Millennium Stadium?

I assume it is something to do with this, taken from wiki:

The old stadium was demolished, except for the Eski Açık stand, since this stand and its towers are considered historical monuments by the government. The Eski Açık stand is re-arranged to resemble the look of an antique amphitheatre. The new stadium is "in harmony with the natural and historic landscape of the Bosphorus" when seen from the sea.