The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

IMG_1497645340.790223.jpg.56995013ec80bfbc352afb171f658ab6.jpg
Actually that's one heck of a big structure for the floodlights on the stand roof. It's like something out of War of the Worlds.

Didn't even know it had been installed for weeks, then one day I was just standing there thinking something had changed, probably whilst we were getting pumped.... seen it and just thought oyf. [emoji23]

56 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I suppose it is in a way, however it certainly doesn't lack character, you'd be hard pressed to find a football fan who couldn't appreciate this....

IMG_1497645261.535192.jpg

IMG_1497645301.069441.jpg

IMG_1497645312.578189.jpg

IMG_1497645319.886869.jpg

IMG_1497645340.790223.jpg

IMG_1497645358.625713.jpg

It's absolutely beautiful, in my opinion, and cannot fall under the same category as your lego land Bowl types that are popping up everywhere.

These new grounds are really making me appreciate the Old Trafford/Anfields/Villas of the world. Proper all seated grounds.

Never been to Gayfield. Those are cracking pictures and should make any football fan want to visit. 

However, does it have the same charm and appeal in February when the rain's coming horizontally and the force 10 gale coming in off the North Sea makes it feel like its -4? 

41 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Never been to Gayfield. Those are cracking pictures and should make any football fan want to visit. 

However, does it have the same charm and appeal in February when the rain's coming horizontally and the force 10 gale coming in off the North Sea makes it feel like its -4? 

Eh, no ! It's feckin freezing ! 

To be honest though, Gayfield is a cracking old style football ground and so much better than the likes of Broadwood. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I suppose it is in a way, however it certainly doesn't lack character, you'd be hard pressed to find a football fan who couldn't appreciate this....

IMG_1497645261.535192.jpg

That is just magnificent, One of the best days out in Scottish football. Some smokies from Swankies pre-match, the game and  then a pint or two in Tutties

13 hours ago, 7-2 said:

IMG_1497645340.790223.jpg

Actually that's one heck of a big structure for the floodlights on the stand roof. It's like something out of War of the Worlds.

Aye its a strange looking floodlight pylon totally overshadow's the rest of the stand!

13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Behind new manager Billy Stark, EK's new grandstand takes shape.

DCc-XkuXgAIErSW.jpg

Doesn't look very temporary, must say, but apparently not cantilevered like existing stand.

I thought it was going to be temporary but as you say looking at the pic apparently not. Looks like its going to be cantilevered to me at the supports are at the back seems like its going to be another four or so rows like the main stand.