The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

• 2 weeks later...

Scarborough Athletic's New Ground

I think they could have a problem with people watching for free from the hill

2DFaO7O.jpg

The site is part of a leisure complex, but could prove to be too small if they move up the leagues

3LAVdpy.jpg

East Junior leaders Kelty Hearts, who are moving to the EOS League next season, unveil plans for a grandstand at New Central Park. Similar to Annan's?

Already possess 3 covered terraces but presumably at least one would make way.

kelty_1.jpg

Took in an amateur cup final at Duns last week, the grandstand frame / roof are up, no seating deck yet, being used as terrace.

image.jpg

The new covered terraces at the same side of the dug-outs will stay and the covered terrace opposite is quite old so that's the one that will get replaced. It backs onto a wall that used to be the old shelters for the primary school so I'm not sure if that's being removed or if they'll try and squeeze the stand in front of the wall. I guess 5 or 6 rows could possibly be fitted in there. 

Is it set in stone that they are moving to the EoS though? I knew they were aiming for a license but I'm sure I was reading in the Junior forum (I know, I know) that it hadn't been finalised?

Wonder if the cover on the school side could be recovered and put behind one of the goals?.

That said with the rate kelty and developing the ground at it won't be long until work is done there as well!

Looks pretty smart, fair play to all involved

30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The new covered terraces at the same side of the dug-outs will stay and the covered terrace opposite is quite old so that's the one that will get replaced. It backs onto a wall that used to be the old shelters for the primary school so I'm not sure if that's being removed or if they'll try and squeeze the stand in front of the wall. I guess 5 or 6 rows could possibly be fitted in there. 

Is it set in stone that they are moving to the EoS though? I knew they were aiming for a license but I'm sure I was reading in the Junior forum (I know, I know) that it hadn't been finalised?

Cheers. It'll be a fine ground when the stand is complete.

There's a thread in EOS sub-forum with posters saying them moving is a fait accompli and a different poster from Fife saying same in NLM website. I've also been at a number of EOSL & LL games the last few weeks and that was the chat on the terraces too. Could all be self-fuelled I suppose - but can't get licensed in Juniors, and why all this work otherwise.

KH twitter advertised an important supporters meeting last night:

https://twitter.com/KeltyHeartsJFC

We will be holding a fans meeting this Thursday 7pm at the Social Club to discuss our SFA Licence application, everyone's welcome.

Thanks to everyone who attended the Supporters meeting tonight& for the positivity. We look forward to seeing you at the match on Saturday.

Also:

http://dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1619828&t=1591295

Topic Originator: ColtDAFC
Date:   Fri 12 May 00:25

Kelty only have 2 home games remaining this season, Bonnyrigg at home on the last day at the end of May and Hill Of Beath this Saturday in what will be the very last meeting between the 2 rivals in Junior football. Kelty will be joining the pyramid from next season at the bottom tier 6 which is the East Of Scotland League, the ambition is to get into the Lowland League then into the SPFL.

There's a good chance it won't be long till my 2 favourite clubs could face each other in a cup competition

Be good to get a good crowd along on Saturday to support them in their title hunt and even to watch the last meeting of 2 rivals.

Topic Originator: ColtDAFC  
Date:   Fri 12 May 13:42

They had a supporters meeting last night to explain the situation.

They want to concentrate on securing the league title before an announcement is made to the public but it's 100% they will join the pyramid and East Of Scotland League next season.