The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

The pint filling machines at the bar are worth a look! Witchcraft.

They've been around for years tbf, they are great though. Much quicker to pour and you don't get froth so it's virtually impossible to make a bad pint. 

On 13/12/2018 at 14:20, Ross. said:

I think the "Safe standing" thing is a political label rather than meant as any kind of serious description. Given absolutely everything in top level football in the UK that is remotely related to crowd issues is framed with what happened at Hillsborough, it's a fairly obvious way to name it.

Rail seating is the way ahead for me, fwiw. Aside from letting folk who want to stand, stand without worrying about tripping over or battering their knees or shins on the seat in front, it means all the old c***s can take a seat and everyone is happy. If anything, it is probably safer than existing all seater designs, where people stand anyway. The fact there is even discussion on the issue is the ridiculous thing.

If you're talking about mixed sitting and standing then thats just wrong. If I chose to sit down, I can only do that if the person in front is sat down too. Thats the problem at all seater stadiums, not that everyone wants to stand but that as soon as someone down the front stands, the person behind them has to as well.

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

If you're talking about mixed sitting and standing then thats just wrong. If I chose to sit down, I can only do that if the person in front is sat down too. Thats the problem at all seater stadiums, not that everyone wants to stand but that as soon as someone down the front stands, the person behind them has to as well.

I was thinking more practically. Anyone who wants to stand can do so in the rail seating area. Anyone who wants to sit can sit in the seats elsewhere. Seems to work well enough over here. Most of the new stadiums here have a mix of both in the away end. Depending on how I'm feeling I go for one or the other with little to no issue.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I was thinking more practically. Anyone who wants to stand can do so in the rail seating area. Anyone who wants to sit can sit in the seats elsewhere. Seems to work well enough over here. Most of the new stadiums here have a mix of both in the away end. Depending on how I'm feeling I go for one or the other with little to no issue.

Fair enough, I misunderstood what you meant

10 hours ago, thisal said:

It looks good, but, I don't think that roof would offer much protection from Scottish weather.

Maybe but MLS season is mostly during summer. 

If Minnesota is in the playoffs it could be an issue but Minnesota is as cold, if not colder than Scotland in the winter time.

In order for Clubs to feel that "safe standing" is worthwhile, then the "removable seating" option as opposed to the "fixed seating" would be preferable as they could offer an increased capacity albeit at a reduced ticket price instead of expecting the same number of fans pay the same price to stand instead of sit.

This makes no commercial sense, particularly in Scotland where the majority of Clubs have limited funds to play with.

In order for Clubs to feel that "safe standing" is worthwhile, then the "removable seating" option as opposed to the "fixed seating" would be preferable as they could offer an increased capacity albeit at a reduced ticket price instead of expecting the same number of fans pay the same price to stand instead of sit.
This makes no commercial sense, particularly in Scotland where the majority of Clubs have limited funds to play with.

For most Scottish clubs capacity isn’t a serious issue.

The real question is whether people will pay to stand at matches that they wouldn’t pay to sit at

And maybe they would

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

For most Scottish clubs capacity isn’t a serious issue.

The real question is whether people will pay to stand at matches that they wouldn’t pay to sit at

And maybe they would

You've missed the point I was making mate. Why would Clubs install the "safe standing" that equates to the same capacity as seats available as opposed to the removable rail seating that can fit an extra person for every 2-3 seats?

i.e : 

1000 seat capacity @ £25 per seat or 1000 standing capacity @ £15 per person (surely they couldn't justify charging the same for standing?!)

Versus the removable rail seating to allow extra standing spectators:

1000 seat capacity @ £25 per seat or 1500-2000 standing capacity @ £15 per person.

I agree that capacity isn't really an issue in Scotland but the above affects on revenue would be a major factor.

Which is probably why very few Clubs in Scotland will install "safe standing" imo.

6 hours ago, sjc said:

You've missed the point I was making mate. Why would Clubs install the "safe standing" that equates to the same capacity as seats available as opposed to the removable rail seating that can fit an extra person for every 2-3 seats?

i.e : 

1000 seat capacity @ £25 per seat or 1000 standing capacity @ £15 per person (surely they couldn't justify charging the same for standing?!)

Versus the removable rail seating to allow extra standing spectators:

1000 seat capacity @ £25 per seat or 1500-2000 standing capacity @ £15 per person.

I agree that capacity isn't really an issue in Scotland but the above affects on revenue would be a major factor.

Which is probably why very few Clubs in Scotland will install "safe standing" imo.

Pretty sure they could and they would. Ayr don’t charge differently depending what “stand” you’re in and as far as I’m aware neither do most clubs in the lower leagues that have a mix of terracing and seats.

6 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Pretty sure they could and they would. Ayr don’t charge differently depending what “stand” you’re in and as far as I’m aware neither do most clubs in the lower leagues that have a mix of terracing and seats.

Really? They charge the same for sitting in a stand in line with the centre circle as standing behind one of the goals?

If this is true then it's no wonder that the game is as badly administered as it is. Football fans are clearly morons!

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

Really? They charge the same for sitting in a stand in line with the centre circle as standing behind one of the goals?

If this is true then it's no wonder that the game is as badly administered as it is. Football fans are clearly morons!

Queens charge the same price no matter where in the ground you go. If they were to charge different prices the admin costs would increase as would the stewarding, as there would need to be  people, and possibly physical measures, in place to be able to stop people moving between different areas of the ground.