The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Queens charge the same price no matter where in the ground you go. If they were to charge different prices the admin costs would increase as would the stewarding, as there would need to be  people, and possibly physical measures, in place to be able to stop people moving between different areas of the ground.

I take it that you can head off to the main stand for a covered seat during the game if it starts pissing with rain?

11 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Pretty sure they could and they would. Ayr don’t charge differently depending what “stand” you’re in and as far as I’m aware neither do most clubs in the lower leagues that have a mix of terracing and seats.

Surprised at that. Going to watch Aarau in the 2nd league here I pay 21CHF for the terraces but if I want a seat in the main stand it’s around 3 times the price.

20 hours ago, sjc said:

Really? They charge the same for sitting in a stand in line with the centre circle as standing behind one of the goals?

If this is true then it's no wonder that the game is as badly administered as it is. Football fans are clearly morons!

Yes, it’s incredibly common throughout the lower leagues. I’d far rather stand at a game of football so it doesn’t bother me one bit that it costs the same to sit or stand. Fans are able to move around the ground as they see fit, it’s not like anyone’s penned into a specific stand/terrace.

16 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Yes, it’s incredibly common throughout the lower leagues. I’d far rather stand at a game of football so it doesn’t bother me one bit that it costs the same to sit or stand. Fans are able to move around the ground as they see fit, it’s not like anyone’s penned into a specific stand/terrace.

If you'd be happy paying £25+ to stand behind the goals at an SPFL Premiership match when you could sit in line with half way line for the same price then more power to you but I'd suggest you're getting ripped off.

FWIW I think £25 to sit at a Premiership match is overpriced as it is let alone to stand.

ETA : The above reply is me hypothesising of how your experience in the lower leagues might relate in the top flight.

Edited by sjc

53 minutes ago, sjc said:

If you'd be happy paying £25+ to stand behind the goals at an SPFL Premiership match when you could sit in line with half way line for the same price then more power to you but I'd suggest you're getting ripped off.

FWIW I think £25 to sit at a Premiership match is overpriced as it is let alone to stand.

ETA : The above reply is me hypothesising of how your experience in the lower leagues might relate in the top flight.

It’s a bit different when you’re penned into one stand. Tonnes of grounds in the lower leagues have a flat entry charge and anyone is free to sit/stand wherever the f**k they want, not really sure what the issue with that is.

The problem with ticket prices is how expensive they are in general, can’t say not having a difference between seating and standing really bothers me.

Dut-tYaW4AERWm_.jpg

FC Cincinnati's future stadium, groundbreaking ceremony took place couple days ago and its under construction.

I must say its good to see MLS getting football specific stadiums and all but they are starting to look generic. Granted there are only so many ways to build 19,000-20,000 seater stadiums for football.

Edited by thekorean

1 hour ago, thekorean said:

Dut-tYaW4AERWm_.jpg

FC Cincinnati's future stadium, groundbreaking ceremony took place couple days ago and its under construction.

I must say its good to see MLS getting football specific stadiums and all but they are starting to look generic. Granted there are only so many ways to build 19,000-20,000 seater stadiums for football.

It's the same with the vast majority of new build stadiums really, regardless of the country.

The best ones are generally those that have just slowly evolved with no two stands looking the same.

7 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It’s a bit different when you’re penned into one stand. Tonnes of grounds in the lower leagues have a flat entry charge and anyone is free to sit/stand wherever the f**k they want, not really sure what the issue with that is.

The problem with ticket prices is how expensive they are in general, can’t say not having a difference between seating and standing really bothers me.

In the juniors it's usually  a flat entrance fee and £1/1.50 in a tin to get in the stand.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

In 1980s Tynecastle the benches on the Wheatfield side, the covered terracing in the corner and the uncovered terracing at the school were all the same gate and the same price

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

In 1980s Tynecastle the benches on the Wheatfield side, the covered terracing in the corner and the uncovered terracing at the school were all the same gate and the same price

Let's be honest, nobody really sat on those benches!

15 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I fell over them at a game once, it was the same game Wayne Foster punched someone in the coupon in front of the ref and got away with it.

Ah, good old Wayne! I only remember standing on the benches tbh. 

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the Twitter thread, but my gut tells me it’ll get more appreciation here.

Whilst not all new stadiums, here’s a link to the best thread in Twitter history. Prepare to lose and hour or two trawling through it. Enjoy.

20 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the Twitter thread, but my gut tells me it’ll get more appreciation here.

Whilst not all new stadiums, here’s a link to the best thread in Twitter history. Prepare to lose and hour or two trawling through it. Enjoy.

Dens & Tannadice look so different from the air.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Plans for Meadowbank re-development

Surprised they're still planning to go ahead with this. The site has sat dormant for so long now I think most people assumed it was just a matter of time before it'd be announced it was going to be turned into flats.