Marshall or McGregor

Slim Charles

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fair enough but all I said was that I'd be more impressed at saving a Ronaldinho penalty than a David Healy penalty considering Ronaldinho is/was a far superior player. Back on topic, I would still rather have Marshall in goals over McGregor anyway.

Healy has a great international goal scoring record though,so saving a penalty from him is quality.You only need to look at there Scotland records,to see who is the best keeper.And that is McGregor bye a country mile,and no idea why anybody would favour Marshall over him with his poor record for us.Losing four goals three times to two teams that were poorer than us.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're funny.

Healy has a great international goal scoring record though,so saving a penalty from him is quality.You only need to look at there Scotland records,to see who is the best keeper.And that is McGregor bye a country mile,and no idea why anybody would favour Marshall over him with his poor record for us.Losing four goals three times to two teams that were poorer than us.

Nah you're trying too hard now.

Marshalls conceded 5 goals in his last 5 caps, with two away to Serbia, two at home to Belgium and the other in a home win over Macedonia. He kept clean sheets in his two most recent games against Norway and the USA

McGregors conceded 5 goals in his last 5 caps. Two at home to Wales, and three away to England. Hes kept clean sheets against Croatia twice and Estonia

Marshalls conceded 5 goals in his last 5 caps, with two away to Serbia, two at home to Belgium and the other in a home win over Macedonia. He kept clean sheets in his two most recent games against Norway and the USA

McGregors conceded 5 goals in his last 5 caps. Two at home to Wales, and three away to England. Hes kept clean sheets against Croatia twice and Estonia

McGregor kept the clean sheets against the top seeds,speaks for its self really case closed

McGregor kept the clean sheets against the top seeds,speaks for its self really case closed

:lol:

Stats are a load of tosh. It all depends on circumstances and how each individual game goes. Marshalls goalkeeping ability is equal to MacGregors if not better. Stats about who has done what mean feck all cause right now ability wise it is very close. Marshall for me, on current performances.

I've give Marshall a game in the friendly but McGregor hasn't really let Scotland down in competitive football so I'd probably just give him the nod when the serious stuff comes round.

Not much between them but McGregor is the recognised no.1 and I don't think he's done anything to deserve losing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Craig Gordon was/is a better keeper than Allan will ever be. Look at the 2008 qualifiers he was pretty much unbeatable at times.

Unfortunately he probably won't ever be the same again but then you look at Fletcher stepping back in without missing a beat and never-say-never.

Never voted, as I will always take the keeper who is on form, both keeper have shown that their good, and sometimes great. Marshall

has the jersey so I'll stick with that, but as we all know a keeper is only good until his next mistake let's hope it's for Cardiff or Hull

• 2 months later...

If his knee holds and he plays I think he will get back to first choice. Which really is an embarrassment of riches for the one position. The only thing being gordon mcgregor and Marshall are all about the same age.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a close one as both have been terrific this season at their clubs. I think McGregor will get the nod as he's currently in a higher division than Marshall. That could all change though as Marshall is far too good a keeper for championship level.

Archived