Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

1 hour ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Had my cat put to sleep two weeks ago tomorrow,  thinking about getting another one, absolutely devastating experience but there's a big hole left it makes you think the only way to fill it is with another cat. 

Just go for it. They all have such different personalities and I'm sure it's the best way to get over any sense of loss. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The boys have arrived. Utter nutjobs who spend most of their time play flighting. I was trying to eat my cereal earlier while browsing on my phone but one sat his arse right on my screen and the other went into my bowl to eat my cereal. Goodbye peaceful days.

rsz_20161110_130636.jpg

I like the one underneath - he looks like someone out of The Lost Boys. 

On 10/11/2016 at 15:36, Peppino Impastato said:

Had my cat put to sleep two weeks ago tomorrow,  thinking about getting another one, absolutely devastating experience but there's a big hole left it makes you think the only way to fill it is with another cat. 

Over a year now since we had to do the same. I am pretty much in the "never again" camp as I was utterly gutted. Mrs Romeo desperate for another moggy. She did mention a dog but the threat of a boot in the pie has stopped that terrible idea.

Going back 30 or so years - this was Poppy. Likely the only photo I have of him. He was a very chatty cat and ate ANYTHING. Cheese slices and crisps were particular favourites. Even ate cake icing once. Outside, nothing beat a tasty moth. Even once tried to pilfer from next door's koi pond.

Poppy cropped.jpg

Poppy was female until we noticed her sitting washing her cock. At least it meant a cheaper operation.

11 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Anyone on here moved house with a cat? I'm moving in three weeks time and the little c**t will be coming with me. My plan was to lock him in a room in my new flat to let him get used to it and buy a top up for his feliway plug in thing.

Many, many times, unfortunately. It'll be a lot easier with just the one. We had five for one move, and stopping them from fighting was a nightmare.

Sounds like you're doing the things you're supposed to. A couple of days and he'll be fine, and will most likely take his time to explore the new place room by room, like a soldier in Vietnam looking for tripwires. Make sure he's got some of his favourite toys, as that's supposed to help too. Maybe some catnip  :P

You got enough bodies to help, or are you on the look-out?

37 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

I am in a bit of a pickle over this one folks, the girls have settled in brilliantly and seem really happy.  In a couple of weeks I can let them out but that's the thing, we have become so attached to the little buggers already that I'm worried about anything happening to them.

We live in a quiet  street with no through traffic so that would hopefully be alright. Next door's cat seems a right bully mind you.  Apparently the girls were allowed out at previous owners so i'm hoping they would have some sense though even when the door is open they show a little interest in what's outside and aren't itching to get out.

What do you think. oot or in?

You've got to let them out, anything else would be cruelty. I live on a busy road, and he's always crossing it, that's my biggest fear,that he will get wiped out by some twat in a corsa or a stupid woman in a suv. I don't have a choice though, Smudger lives for being outside.

9 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You've got to let them out, anything else would be cruelty. I live on a busy road, and he's always crossing it, that's my biggest fear,that he will get wiped out by some twat in a corsa or a stupid woman in a suv. I don't have a choice though, Smudger lives for being outside.

I reckon Smudger could hold his own against your average SUV.

Many, many times, unfortunately. It'll be a lot easier with just the one. We had five for one move, and stopping them from fighting was a nightmare.

Sounds like you're doing the things you're supposed to. A couple of days and he'll be fine, and will most likely take his time to explore the new place room by room, like a soldier in Vietnam looking for tripwires. Make sure he's got some of his favourite toys, as that's supposed to help too. Maybe some catnip  [emoji14]

You got enough bodies to help, or are you on the look-out?

Cheers mate. One of the lads at work is going to give me a hand. If I'm struggling I'll give you a shout.

1 hour ago, Tynieness said:

I am in a bit of a pickle over this one folks, the girls have settled in brilliantly and seem really happy.  In a couple of weeks I can let them out but that's the thing, we have become so attached to the little buggers already that I'm worried about anything happening to them.

We live in a quiet  street with no through traffic so that would hopefully be alright. Next door's cat seems a right bully mind you.  Apparently the girls were allowed out at previous owners so i'm hoping they would have some sense though even when the door is open they show a little interest in what's outside and aren't itching to get out.

What do you think. oot or in?

Keep 'em in, unless they start hanging around/clawing at the door. They'll soon let you know if they want to go adventuring.

Our oldest decided he was interested a few years back, after a lifetime indoors. He'd wander down to the bottom of the path when we let the dog out into the back yard and would stand and have a wee look about. Soon as the dog came back in, he'd trot in with him. Gave it up after a few months and hasn't shown any interest since. Think the youngest might be building herself up to taking a look, but we'll see.

Not sure what use that is to you, but anyway!

33 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Cheers mate. One of the lads at work is going to give me a hand. If I'm struggling I'll give you a shout.

No worries, you know where I am  :P

Had to say a sad goodbye to Bentley today. He was 16 and has never been what you'd call a well cat - grade 2 heart murmur, small appetite and prone to vomiting - but he's taken a real downturn in the last couple of days and this morning wouldn't touch food or water. The vet confirmed dehydration and kidney failure and had he been a younger, fitter cat, she'd have recommended fluids and trying to manage but given his condition we agreed that it wouldn't be fair on him to put him through it. He was asleep in seconds in my arms. 

Here he is in the summer stalking the pigeons. 

FB_IMG_1479147019241.jpg