Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

Had to make the tough decision this morning to say goodbye to the younger of my 2 female cats, Sky. She was nearly 13, always very active and kept me and the older one, Sophie, on our toes but started becoming lethargic and not eating as much. Vet diagnosed her with hyperthyroidism a couple of weeks ago and I started giving her the tablets daily but her breathing was very laboured and she stopped eating and hardly moved from the same spot in a corner of the bedroom the past few days. Wrestled with my conscience all day yesterday but when the vet saw her this morning we both agreed it was best to put her to sleep. Going to miss her so much, she was so gentle and had the smoothest coat you could imagine. Sleep tight my wee princess x

Image may contain: cat and indoorImage may contain: cat and indoor

7 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Had to make the tough decision this morning to say goodbye to the younger of my 2 female cats, Sky. She was nearly 13, always very active and kept me and the older one, Sophie, on our toes but started becoming lethargic and not eating as much. Vet diagnosed her with hyperthyroidism a couple of weeks ago and I started giving her the tablets daily but her breathing was very laboured and she stopped eating and hardly moved from the same spot in a corner of the bedroom the past few days. Wrestled with my conscience all day yesterday but when the vet saw her this morning we both agreed it was best to put her to sleep. Going to miss her so much, she was so gentle and had the smoothest coat you could imagine. Sleep tight my wee princess x

Image may contain: cat and indoorImage may contain: cat and indoor

She's like a female version of the Smudger, don't get too down about it, 13 is a good age for a cat.

20 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Disappointing he never ripped the stomach open, and hauled out the cotton wool etc. IMO.

TBF to the boy he's looking like the world's leanest, fittest cat after spending five days solid chasing a red laser dot about the house. 

7 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Got the wee man off to bed for his nap then thought I would catch up on a bit of my Christmas book. Within two minutes the other little lad appears to ruin it. What's so infuriating is that when they do it you just know that it's not even comfy...

2d2bba7e73115df8228c85cfb4f216d1.jpg

My old cat loves sitting on books or magazines. Could never work out if it was purely to annoy me or just because cats like the sensation of sitting on paper. 

Regardless, he's very cute.

My old cat loves sitting on books or magazines. Could never work out if it was purely to annoy me or just because cats like the sensation of sitting on paper. 
Regardless, he's very cute.

Yeah, I think it's just the fact that they know you are giving the book more attention than them!

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

TBF to the boy he's looking like the world's leanest, fittest cat after spending five days solid chasing a red laser dot about the house. 

Dug out the laser toy a couple of days ago, he's got it sussed now, and won't chase it, just looks at it.:lol:

Commiserations, as usual, to those whose cats have died. It's shite.

At our house, old man Poof has discovered the joys of cuddling under the covers since winter kicked in. Last few days I've woken up to his wee face poking out from under the covers, and he woke me up this morning by cleaning my chest hair with his tongue.

I'm wearing a shirt to bed tonight - I just don't think I can give him the kind of relationship that he seems to want from me  :wacko:

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Muffy just triedIMG_1127.JPG to take on a couple of crows. They went mental at him and he shat it. 

:lol:

I'll bet he doesn't do that again. These fuckers are too big/vicious to be attacked.

1 hour ago, blackislekillie said:

Same with gulls. My mums old cat was attacked by a flying rat a good few years ago. Its beak just missed the cats liver. Get muffy telt.

Wise words. Smudger won't attack anything bigger than a sparrow, he'll have a square go with another cat, but a blackbird sized bird is too big. Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again