IS THE WAY AHEAD DAVE KING.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Run doon to the bookies and stick yer mortgage on it then :)

Can't. Already lost it after betting against liquidation. :)

Why can't fans of The Rangers just accept what they are - a football club playing in the Scottish leagues - and just get on with it?

Thats what I'm doing but its ironic you making that statement given you and many other non-Rangers fans infest and troll just about every Rangers thread.

I don't even post in the Premier League section of this forum as that league and the teams in it do not interest me. I'm concentrating on Rangers winning League One and the Scottish Cup. Nothing else.

However, a Celtic fan asked a question on this thread, a Rangers thread, how Rangers would fare in the top division and I'm answering his question. Why you, an Aberdeen fan, are getting involved I have no idea. And the fact you're saying 'can't Rangers just get on with it' is laughable.

Anyone know about the rumours that Ally McCoist is going to walk right after the league is won. Claims that his health is being affected by all the repeated skullduggery surrounding the club he loves.

I find it hard to believe after his early statements about not walking.

A load of rubbish I think but as they say , a lie goes round the world before the truth has got it's jacket on.

Anyone know about the rumours that Ally McCoist is going to walk right after the league is won. Claims that his health is being affected by all the repeated skullduggery surrounding the club he loves.

I find it hard to believe after his early statements about not walking.

A load of rubbish I think but as they say , a lie goes round the world before the truth has got it's jacket on.

He may want away before any administration as he could be fired and would join a list of creditors receiving pennies in the pound.One strong rumour (from inside Ibrox) is that Ally is working his notice which is roughly when Rangers might win the title.

I would imagine the tax thing will not bother many Rangers fans, very few business men that have generated the kind of wealth that DK has have no skeletons lurking about.

What will be important to most Rangers fans is weather or not DK will act in the best interest of the club or like the current board of spivs will it be a vehicle to line his own pockets? Its my opinion that DK already has a lot of personal wealth and could make money in easier ways away from the goldfish bowl that is Scottish Football, if he gets involved then it will be to see a successful Rangers team back competing at the top of Scottish football, basically he is a true fan with a lot of money, so yes I think we would be in far better hands with DK involved.

Right Ted, I'm honestly not trying to be all pious and holier than thou, but do you, personally, not have higher standards than that?

Yes, very wealthy people often do have single minded, even ruthless and manipulative approaches. Most haven't however made their fortune under despicable regimes before being convicted of offences that could ( and you'll surely agree, morally should) have landed them in jail for many years, amid being castigated by judges as liars.

I understand (although don't necessarily agree) that he might look like your best bet, but does the rest of it really not bother you?

I'm not even going down the 'dignity' route, because even leaving that aside, backing such a man has to feel uncomfortable, no?

Genuinely not trolling by the way - just interested in your take on this aspect...

Right Ted, I'm honestly not trying to be all pious and holier than thou, but do you, personally, not have higher standards than that?

Yes, very wealthy people often do have single minded, even ruthless and manipulative approaches. Most haven't however made their fortune under despicable regimes before being convicted of offences that could ( and you'll surely agree, morally should) have landed them in jail for many years, amid being castigated by judges as liars.

I understand (although don't necessarily agree) that he might look like your best bet, but does the rest of it really not bother you?

I'm not even going down the 'dignity' route, because even leaving that aside, backing such a man has to feel uncomfortable, no?

Genuinely not trolling by the way - just interested in your take on this aspect...

I can answer this although I've probably got a different opinion to tedi (despite some paranoid delusionals thinking we're the same person).

After the way Rangers was treated by HMRC, I view anyone who sticks it up the taxman as a hero. Dirty incompetent and uttery amoral scum don't deserve any respect whatsoever.

I should also point out that I know HMRC better than most having previously worked for the pond life.

I can answer this although I've probably got a different opinion to tedi (despite some paranoid delusionals thinking we're the same person).

After the way Rangers was treated by HMRC, I view anyone who sticks it up the taxman as a hero. Dirty incompetent and uttery amoral scum don't deserve any respect whatsoever.

I should also point out that I know HMRC better than most having previously worked for the pond life.

Even by the standards of this place, that's a startling perspective.

Clearly, you have your own reasons for resenting HMRC and for all I know, they might be perfectly legitimate. Let's not pretend that they're the bad guys here though.

If the season ticket money is withheld, even to a trust fund led by King, with the intention of drip-feeding it to the club, and the club goes tits up, who will be to blame?

If the club dies on its arse again, because the fans don't pay this money direct to the club, surely they will be killing the club they claim to support?

What do you propose, keep giving money to the very people who are lying to us alongside trying to silence us?

Wallace has had his chance to be transparent with the fans, if going down again is what it takes to get rid of these idiots then so be it.

I don't really have an interest in who is in charge, but I take notice of what's happening because my two oldest brothers are season ticket holders.

From anything I've read, seen, or heard regarding King, I finds him pretty tiresome and crass. Talking about it with my brothers, they don't want him at Ibrox. Not that they have any faith in the current bunch of rogues in charge, they just think going with King would be a frying pan into the fire job.

I guess you pays your money & take your choice.

DK being in charge of Rangers would not bother me in the slightest, in fact I would be delighted

Simple question: Why wouldn't it bother you?

You feel closely aligned to your club and make a big emotional investment in it. I'd guess you don't approve of his brand of behaviour, yet you see no conflict.

It's up to you of course, but it invites the charge that it's all about the winning and nothing else matters.

I know the parallels are not direct, but I can say hand on heart that I wouldn't want a shit like that near my club, no matter what he promised in terms of riches. I recognise that I'd maybe feel forced to overcome reservations if the alternative involved staring down the barrel, but the misgivings would still exist.

I guess we just do require different things of those in charge.

Ah ok, you have a brother who is a Rangers fan.

Actually, it's two.

And my old man was, all his days.

My younger brothers are Thistle (he says, but isn't really bothered) & St Mirren fans.

Back on point- 99%? Really? I didn't realise there was that amount of gull.... support for King.

But if that's what the people want, I hope you get it.

I find it difficult to keep up with all the philandering. So tell me.

Have Rangerts secured a £1,500,000 loan by putting Edmiston and the Albion car park up as security for that loan? If so then we have simply pawned the crown jewals/

He was never a Rangers fan.....oh wait did you believe the rags?

Certainly almost all the Gers fans believed him and saw him as the saviour. It's easy to be sceptical after the fact. I'm sure that 100% of all Rangers fans will now be nodding sagely...aye, they knew all along that Whyte was at it.

Not so sure that I'd be firing my season ticket money at a tax fraudster. Well, yet another tax fraudster!

Even by the standards of this place, that's a startling perspective.

Clearly, you have your own reasons for resenting HMRC and for all I know, they might be perfectly legitimate. Let's not pretend that they're the bad guys here though.

Define the 'here' where HMRC aren't the bad guys?

They repeatedly made public claims that Rangers owed them huge amounts of money despite not knowing their own rules well enough to tell. This is what caused lloyds banking group to call in their loans and forced the sale to Craig Whyte. According to the tax tribunal HMRC lied publicly about money owed to them by a publicly listed company, thus devaluing the company massively. Technically that is a criminal act.

This is the same organisation who routinely let the biggest tax dodgers who actually have broken tax laws get away with it as long as they pay a portion of the tax owed.

Also, despite being backed by the UK treasury and thus having the best credit rating of any person or organisation in the UK, if they give you money they shouldn't, they will immediately threaten you with legal action to recover it, even if the mistake was entirely theirs. If they overpay you however, they offer to pay it back over the course of a year or so.

It is standard practice to go after vulnerable people who can't even afford good legal advice but pussy foot around rich and powerful people who can afford good lawyers. They are probably responsible for a few suicides every year but only among the most vulnerable of people.

They also have woefully useless employees who get away with being pretty much useless by being unionised civil servants.

I honestly can't think of a more morally repugnant organisation in the UK. Including the BNP and whatever anjem choudharys islamist organisation is called this week.

They also have woefully useless employees who get away with being pretty much useless by being unionised civil servants.

I honestly can't think of a more morally repugnant organisation in the UK. Including the BNP and whatever anjem choudharys islamist organisation is called this week.

Ludicrous.

From what I have seen he is not offering that much, some money which will give him a shareholding under different circumstances which do not exist at present, he promises transparency, enough investment to see us back to the top division and a sustainable business model once we get there, he is a true Rangers fan, not some pseudo fan like all the suits that have been at our club since Murray departed, nobody can deny that.

As far as I am aware he got caught cheating the SA taxman, not selling guns to terrorists or any other such thing, most big businesses will try and curb how much they pay in taxes, some schemes are legal some are not, Dave`s scheme was not, he got caught and agreed (eventually) to pay up, as the head of that organisation he was guilty, nobody is trying to bury that fact, bigger corporations are stealing millions in taxes every day, those responsible are nameless till the taxman wins a case, then they quite often go after individuals.

He may well be a businessman that got caught but he is also far from unique in having a few skeletons, a leading shareholder of our closest rivals is not exactly squeaky clean either, the truth is that even if we had a zero wage bill then this club would still make a loss in the lower divisions, what DK offers us is a way to get there, the alternative seems to be....well there is not one from what I can see.

This 'skeletons' line lends what he did a merely mischievous air. What he did was commit fraud and steal, on a huge personal scale.

It bothers you less than it would many of us. That's all - it's fair enough.

Archived