Can Liverpool win the league?

King Kenny 7

Made the trek down to Cardiff on Saturday and although there was a huge fright in the first half what a comeback. Liverpool look absolutely fearless at the moment.

£30 it was in the away end thanks to the 2 clubs reciprocal agreement to knock a tenner off. 3 hour train journey back North to Crewe after what a party :lol:

Roll on Wednesday and Sunderland at home got a feeling it's going to be loud one!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except you didnt. You compared the clubs form against similar levels of competition. This seasons team is completely different to last seasons and going back further they didnt even have the same manager.

So, explain again how thats more relevant than comparing this seasons teams record at home.

A fair amount of the games I mentioned were this season. Regardless, last season's results are still relevant when trying to determine the outcome of this season's games, just not as relevant as a game played yesterday.

And how on earth is Liverpool's team "completely different" to last season? Mignolet is literally the only starter that wasn't there last season. :lol:

I'd happily offer you 3/1 that they beat both Chelsea and Manchester City.

A fair amount of the games I mentioned were this season. Regardless, last season's results are still relevant when trying to determine the outcome of this season's games, just not as relevant as a game played yesterday.

And just as relevant as Liverpools home form against other sides. Which is all I said.

And how on earth is Liverpool's team "completely different" to last season? Mignolet is literally the only starter that wasn't there last season. :lol:

Errr, because theyre 3rd in the league and pushing for the title instead of languishing around mid-table. The players might be the same but the performances, level of play and results are completely different.

Stevie G, booked in 1st minute, still assaults players, doesn't get a second yellow, EVER.....course they can cheat the league!

Not really related but it was cringe inducing stuff listening to Charlie Nicholas talking about how Gerrard is "driven" with a "fire in his belly" and wants the EPL title so much "despite having a Champions League medal", while Phil Thompson is tearing up in the background with his nose seductively creeping towards Nicholas' crotch

Unreal results for Liverpool the day, hope they can do it now. Massive game v Tottenham, bad feeling they will bottle it. I like Liverpool and would love to see them win it but I have the feeling the majority of neutrals would like to see them win it to to take it away from City/Chelsea.

Feel that it's a step too far for them to win the league this year, but Champions League qualification should make a massive difference to the quality of player they can attract next season.

Start of next season will be pivotal to how they want to progress, need the right signings in the right places.

Never really liked Liverpool but I wouldn't grudge Gerrard a league title to his name.

It's ridiculous to think that a player of his quality can go an entire career without picking up a league winners medal. Obviously he's won everything else at club level, but I'd love to see him get a league title to his name.

I don't support any English team but as long as Man City don't win it I would be happy. Out of the the other possible winners I suppose Liverpool would be my choice, as 'TheWolf' mentioned it would actually be a fitting title for Gerard given his service to Liverpool (I am sure Carragher is gutted he retired possibly a season too early!)

I still don't think it will happen but Man City do have a couple of tricky games, one of which is against Liverpool.

I grudgingly admire Liverpool. After a poor start they are now the team with momentum. What are the bookies now saying?

Manchester City 5/6

Liverpool 15/8

Chelsea 11/2

Arsenal 150-1

Everton 750-1

Manchester United 1000-1

I think they will do it.

They are the best team in the league and thoroughly deserve it if so.

Would be an incredible achievement. A real feather in the cap of the board, who didn't listen to idiot fans when they horsed Dalglish and appointed Rodgers.

I think they will do it.

They are the best team in the league and thoroughly deserve it if so.

Would be an incredible achievement. A real feather in the cap of the board, who didn't listen to idiot fans when they horsed Dalglish and appointed Rodgers.

post-28431-jgl-well-said-well-said-gif-i

Archived