C'mon England

heedthebaa

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to be the only person who thinks it was a clear red card. He's gone flying in recklessly, went over the ball and was in the air. It was a terrible "tackle" and I can 100% understand why Valencia reacted the way he did, just under two weeks before the World Cup and some wee diddy flies in like that on you?

I thought the tackle was reckless and off the ground, definitely a yellow at the very least. I can understand Valencia going nuts, a tackle like that in a friendly the week before the World Cup?

Interesting to see Roy saying Baxters decision making was poor and he gave the ball away too much, can't see him starting against Italy or Uruguay, think hodgson will try to be solid, so expect Milner and Wellbeck rather than chamberlain and Baxter

Now hearing oxlade chamberlain is injured for 10 days

If they play similarly to how they did yesterday, then it could be a very interesting tournament. Anything that isn't a dour 0-0 playing for penalties (ala Italy/England Euro 2012) is good, and it looks like we're going to get the team charging forward, but manfully deciding that defending is for foreigners.

I can still see them getting through the group, as long as they avoid defeat against Italy. Nailed on 0-0 for me.

Watched the replay of the tackle on the news. I'd call that a definite free kick, borderline yellow, never a red. Considering it was in a friendly that is a shocking decision.

If it merits a red card, it should be a red card, irrespective of the match. If you get your leg broken in a friendly, it doesn't heal any better. Never understood this thinking that mad tackles should be treated as less serious because it's not a competitive game.

Both should have been yellows probably, but we've all seen reds given for less.

Thought Rooney was offside for the goal.

Tbf that's plenty of frames after he makes contact with (winning) the ball.

Let's pretend for a moment that this is true. If you're sliding in for a tackle and get a touch on the ball, does that mean you're then allowed to bring your foot up and go for your opponent's shins with your studs?

Quite simply not true

Depends on where you live, drink and everything else. My experience of ten years there showed me the majority want us to win. Even when they don't it's normally good humoured.

It is time we grew up a bit with this stuff. I don't want them to win, but I don't spend £40 on Argentina shirts or ABE t shirts etc.

Afraid that shows the maturity of the country we live in. Many just won't admit it.

Depends on where you live, drink and everything else. My experience of ten years there showed me the majority want us to win. Even when they don't it's normally good humoured.

It is time we grew up a bit with this stuff. I don't want them to win, but I don't spend £40 on Argentina shirts or ABE t shirts etc.

Afraid that shows the maturity of the country we live in. Many just won't admit it.

I enjoy it when they get pumped and that's entirely good humoured. Its a sporting rivalry - and nothing more. ABE and Argie tops are also good humoured, and I don't see the problem with them.

There are a small minority of folk who are properly anti-English. Those folk are morons - but there are nowhere near as many of them as some folk make out.

Lost a bit of respect for Roy with the compulsory anthem singing thing.

Surely an Englishman could legitimately not feel comfortable singing the words "God Save the Queen" and still be one of the lads?

Is that an actual thing Hodgson has done?

Archived