C'mon England

heedthebaa

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. I'm really not sure why you're struggling with this very basic concept. A TV broadcaster needs to put on coverage of things that attract maximum viewership. Giving more coverage to England who have a much, much larger population of potential viewers makes absolute sense.

Well I disagree strongly, it's a British public service broadcaster that everyone pays the same amount for, I understand SKY and the likes going for the bigger teams/games but this is the BBC, that's like saying Sportscene should just talk about a game between teams outwith Celtic for 30 seconds and speak about Celtics game for 3/4 of the show. We shouldn't suffer and get less coverage purely because we are a smaller country.

I don't think it would happen anyway, as BerwickMad said look what happens with the 6 nations, every team gets the same coverage, I was replying to Maxsta after he was saying what he did.

Well I disagree strongly, it's a British public service broadcaster that everyone pays the same amount for, I understand SKY and the likes going for the bigger teams/games but this is the BBC, that's like saying Sportscene should just talk about a game between teams outwith Celtic for 30 seconds and speak about Celtics game for 3/4 of the show. We shouldn't suffer and get less coverage purely because we are a smaller country.

I don't think it would happen anyway, as BerwickMad said look what happens with the 6 nations, every team gets the same coverage, I was replying to Maxsta after he was saying what he did.

That is what happens

You disagree with what he said? He's kinda right.

It doesn't matter if everyone pays the same, if it's money reasons then Scotland in total probably pays 75% less of the English total. (obv guesswork)

Gonna stop boring everyone to tears with the coverage malarkey and get back on topic.

ABE :P;)

Also Arry Redknapp was on TalkSport yesterday going through Uruguays team and telling us how they are all distinctly average now they dont have Suarez and how some of their players couldnt even get games for certain clubs, an example of why when it comes to the England v Uruguay Maxsta i'll be hoping Uruguay pump them to shut up idiots like him!!

Redknapp is still bitter he didn't get the job so takes delights in putting more pressure on Hodgson.

In all honesty though, it's not as if Uruguay are strong throughout. They have a good chance of getting out the group, but a lot of their squad are average, as he says. Let's not all pretend all their players are of the quality of Cavani and Suarez.

In all honesty though, it's not as if Uruguay are strong throughout. They have a good chance of getting out the group, but a lot of their squad are average, as he says. Let's not all pretend all their players are of the quality of Cavani and Suarez.

Yeah, the squad isn't that great, and Suarez would be a huge loss if his injury keeps him out of the World Cup. They didn't do that well in qualifying either, losing 5 games, drawing 4 and winning just 7.

In their last 5 matches (including friendlies) they've only won 2 games whilst drawing with Austria, Jordan and losing to Ecuador.

Nothing for the England team to fear it has to be said.

I sometimes wonder if certain sections of the press (namely The Sun) actually love it when England fail. They take absolute delight in sticking the knife into someone on the back of them being knocked out.

From speaking to people, the mood surrounding England's chances is quite pessimistic - partly because of Hodgson, but also because of their group. Personally I think they'll beat Uruguay. Not for any footballing reasons, I just think they will.

I have this feeling England will stroll it to the Quarters and then get pumped by Brazil or something, and despite it being a better performance than most expect just now Hodgson will be hounded out for being "negative" and "boring"

IFrom speaking to people, the mood surrounding England's chances is quite pessimistic - partly because of Hodgson, but also because of their group. Personally I think they'll beat Uruguay. Not for any footballing reasons, I just think they will.

Out of interest, how come? I think he's put together a more impressive campaign than Capello ever did. He seems more tactically astute or at least certainly more aware of his team's limitations and plays to our strengths - something that can be seen by the fact we've lost just 3 times under him, a pretty impressive stat given we've came up against the likes of Belgium, France, Italy and Brazil and not been beaten by them (of course discounting the penalty loss). I think Roy's done a decent job so far and I'm quite looking forward to seeing what he can do under less pressure.

I do agree that he is perhaps still liable to a hounding though. If he chooses not to 'have a go' given there is much less pressure than there seems to be usually, he might be in for a slating. Personally, I'd stick with what he's been doing. As exciting as Sterling & Lallana on the wings with Rooney & Sturridge up top sounds, it'd be defensively irresponsible against three sides with impressive attacking options. In honesty, it's why I'm a big fan (seemingly one of very few) of Welbeck at international level. In the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 Roy seems to favour he has nailed how to play the left wing slot. Responsible defensively and still chipped in with 8 in 20 or something similar.

There are still plenty of questions to be answered in the upcoming friendlies. Dilemma in central midfield with Henderson, Wilshere, Barkley and Lampard all seemingly realistic options there. Personally I'd like to see Henderson or Wilshere. Lampard hasn't impressed me much this season and while I rate Barkley, he seems prone to not turning up at all. For the amount of times he's ran the show for Everton this season, there's been the same amount of being subbed. He's probably not ready just yet but could be a fantastic option from the bench.

Out wide the likes of Welbeck, Sterling, Lallana and Milner are likely to be battling it out, while if I remember likely Hodgson seems to quite like Oxlade-Chamberlain too. I'd personally prefer Welbeck on the left. Milner can do a job but I'd like to see Lallana in there. Sterling perhaps against Uruguay/Costa Rica.

Up top I'd expect Rooney in behind Sturridge although some on here earlier in the thread said they'd be surprised if that was the case. I think Roy's got decent options to change it though. Barkley can slot in the hole, as can Lallana, while Sterling excelled there towards the end of the season.

Defence is undoubtedly the weaker spot I reckon. It'll likely pick itself as Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill & Baines. Hodgson has plenty of problems but they actually appear to be mostly positive. I don't think England are in any position to slag Uruguay's defence off though. There appear to be quite a few of my pals who have seen Luagno is the captain and assumed their defence is woeful. Godin is a class act, Peirera and Caceres are no mugs either.

Fucking hell you're a tedious f**k.

If something is not logical then it's illogical. I've been right all along you realise.

I told you you'd look even worse..

And you're a dumb f**k who's trying to sound smarter than you are.

1-0 Maxsta

I hope to play again.

Will you please stop trying to ruin a very good thread which I am enjoying.

It obviously bothers you that many Scots will be rooting for our English neighbours in Brazil.

This must stop you playing the wee "everybody hates England" victim card.

Keep your victim mentality for Ibrox next season, you'l need it.

Will you please stop trying to ruin a very good thread which I am enjoying.

It obviously bothers you that many Scots will be rooting for our English neighbours in Brazil.

This must stop you playing the wee "everybody hates England" victim card.

Keep your victim mentality for Ibrox next season, you'l need it.

Hold the phone, i'm not trying to ruin anything. I reply when people quote my posts, that last one was from an argument ages ago i had forgotten about, until the fella quoted me with the classic "lost an argument resort to questioning intelligence" game.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest nor do i play that card what so ever. Drop the wild analysis.

EDIT- I'll say no more on the matter as i myself am enjoying this threads content.

pretty sure this is what happens :lol:

Archived