Eurovision

Sooky

Gutted for The Netherlands, I do think it was the better song.

In all honesty, if it was just an average Austrian male/female singing then I don't think it would have won. However I can't begrudge them the win and it clearly meant a lot to her! It was a fantastic performance.

For the UK, I must admit I thought we'd be on the left side of the board this year.

Edited by Sooky

Personally I don't have a problem with Conchita, either the song or the persona. Musically it ticked all the Eurovision boxes. The seethe she's created in some is quite funny though.

One other point, just take a moment to remember that because France pays so much money they are automatically given entry without needing to qualify. They actually paid money to make sure their moustache entry made the final vote. Money well spent, imo.

The bookies saw it right, and I've no argument with the result. But there's no way Austria would have won on audio. That's Eurovision!

I'm looking forward to eurovision 2015 being battle of the trannies. All 37 entries should send their best (or hairiest) drag queen.

It'll be beards and hairy chests sticking out of the cleavage next year.

The beard isn't even real, it's bumfluff and make up. :lol:

Congratulations Conchita, you've won a place in Zippo's circus!

Quite enjoyed it tonight.

Had Belarus top 10, came to nothing.

Finland top 10, were sitting 9th until last vote Slovenia go and give Denmark and Spain enough points to overtake Finland and put them 11th!

Had the winner to win by 50 points or more, bloody hell that was close but came in!

My Russia to come last failed epic but only had a quid on it.

Finally, had Spain to finish highest out of UK, Spain, Italy, France and Germany at 7/2. Quite obvious early on in voting that would come in.

Nice night and profit made!

Conchita was a decent act but didn't really deserve to win IMO.

Chuffed for Conchita. Deserved winner.

I see that casual homophobia is still alive and well on P&B. Fuckwits.

hope that wasn't directed at me!

The song was dire. Tell me, do you honesty think that song would have won if a woman had sung it. Honestly? That's the only issue I have with it. If it was because the person happened to be a man (and obviously played on it with a beard) then it's a bit of a sham!

Who has mentioned sexuality? Unless drag is a sexual orientation then I don't see your point.

There's no chance that wins if it wasn't for the gimmick, Eurovision is always a sham though so no surprises there.

Sorry, homophobic was the wrong word. Some calling her a fucking freak is out of order, though.

@Eurovision: The Georgian jury results for the Grand Final were declared invalid. Therefore, the televoting results applied. #Eurovision #JoinUs