The Alloa Athletic Thread

Look what I won in a raffle today! :D I may or may not have bought half of the tickets; such things are relevant only to the petty minded.

I'd have included this on the 'Reasons to be Cheerful' thread, but I fear those nasty boys from other teams may mock me, considering our season so far :(

post-38705-0-79912600-1450136167_thumb.p

The odds on Jack Ross were plummeting according to Mcbookie, that'd be an excellent appointment I think - although the difference between a good coach and manager is massive.

Also comfortably the best looking Sons' assistant manager of all time

Mulraney tweets announcing potential press conference whilst the odds on Jack Ross continue to plummet. Looks like he could be your man, Wasps.

I thought Ross came across as a great guy and coach with ourselves. All the players loved him and in particular his training methods. Will be interesting to see how he would get on as gaffer but I fear this could be a good appointmemt if it goes ahead...

Murray for assistant?

If it is Jacko then I might have to become a little bit of an Alloa fan :wub: Expect some quality signings, he's loved in the game and has plenty of contacts. Absolutely tremendous guy as well.

If this turns out to be true it will have ruined my morning :( I wanted him to be our manager next and no one elses

Mulraney tweets announcing potential press conference whilst the odds on Jack Ross continue to plummet. Looks like he could be your man, Wasps.

I thought Ross came across as a great guy and coach with ourselves. All the players loved him and in particular his training methods. Will be interesting to see how he would get on as gaffer but I fear this could be a good appointmemt if it goes ahead...

Murray for assistant?

Don't think so...although they seemed to work well as a team, there was apparently little personal warmth between them. Anyway, even as a rival fan I would applaud Alloa for giving Jack Ross his managerial chance.

Don't think so...although they seemed to work well as a team, there was apparently little personal warmth between them. Anyway, even as a rival fan I would applaud Alloa for giving Jack Ross his managerial chance.

Aye, I was merely jesting.

Funny how their situations have changed over the last year or two. Ross now with a decent managerial gig, albeit an incredibly difficult one, and Murray hinging about unemployed.

Jack Ross has some great contacts through his PFA work. It was thanks to him we signed Paul McGinn, argubly the best player I've seen at the Rock. I'm sure he was involved with some other signings too - Megginson springs to mind.

Aye, I was merely jesting.

Funny how their situations have changed over the last year or two. Ross now with a decent managerial gig, albeit an incredibly difficult one, and Murray hinging about unemployed.

Jack Ross has some great contacts through his PFA work. It was thanks to him we signed Paul McGinn, argubly the best player I've seen at the Rock. I'm sure he was involved with some other signings too - Megginson springs to mind.

Think he also played a part in getting Chris Kane, and certainly Jordan Kirkpatrick.

He's got a cracking eye for a player, just look at the players Murray's signed (for both clubs) since he lost him.

That sounds like a very positive appointment, and it's good that we've not gone with one of the usual suspects. The path of excellent assistant managers becoming train wreck managers is a well worn one but given what the Dumbarton fans are saying hopefully Ross had enough about him to avoid that path.

All in all it seems like a positive appointment, it will be interesting to see who we bring in in January.