The Alloa Athletic Thread

Surprised at Ross releasing Megginson.

Thought he woulda done a job out wide for you in League 1. Also seemed like Ross rated him.

Likewise! Thought he could have been a decent player dropping down a league. Ross did seem to be a fan, imo. Wasn't really up to Championship level football though.

Thought he woulda done a job out wide for you in League 1. Also seemed like Ross rated him.

The guy joined us with the intention of staying full time, he'll end up at airdrie.

Only released because he is moving to Aberdeen so didn't want to travel up and down.

Only released because he is moving to Aberdeen so didn't want to travel up and down.

Aye, not really 'released' to be honest. I'd have liked to have seen him stay at Alloa. Will be a good signing for somebody in the Aberdeen area.

We tried to get him before he joined qp and again before he joined Stranraer he'll bang them in if he's back at his best
To be fair didn't play a lot this year and still got 7 goals. Very cool clever finisher, firm favorite with Stranraer fans great signing for the wasps.
I'm hearing definitely a New signing today

Can do both well- defensively astute and has filled in on occasion at centre back for us.

Exciting going forward, with a great engine on him. His final ball can be erratic though.

Prone to the odd mistake here and there, but in general I would think he would do well for Morton. Top lad too.

This.

Late, but well done to Martyn and everyone for a lovely day last Sunday. Thought the team acquitted themselves very well. Beechwwod's a nice wee ground too; wish I'd taken myself along when I lived through there years ago.

Also, are we sure that someone didn't get BO'B and Mitch's situations mixed up?   :wacko:

Must be decent if a top 4 SPL club snapped him up in Jan.

I wouldn't read anything into his signing tbh. We were in full on panic mode, Doyle was free and hes friendly with our manager. He gave us cover and we gave him a wage, it was nothing more than a friendly agreement.

Late, but well done to Martyn and everyone for a lovely day last Sunday. Thought the team acquitted themselves very well. Beechwwod's a nice wee ground too; wish I'd taken myself along when I lived through there years ago.

Also, are we sure that someone didn't get BO'B and Mitch's situations mixed up? :wacko:

Was that you starting pre-season early mate, running round the dam?

Was that you starting pre-season early mate, running round the dam?

Me, run? I tried it a few weeks ago and cracked a rib! 

That wasn't at the dam, so no   :P

Shat it at the thought of playing big clubs like Brechin IMO   ;)