The Alloa Athletic Thread

27 minutes ago, Raithie said:

We've just signed Robbie Crawford who I see was last on loan at yourselves. Any good?

From what I saw of Robbie he had a tremendous workrate but perhaps not the end product as often as you would like. In and out of the side a bit too which doesn't help. Hope he does well.

Ur entitled to your option fella as am mine 

Robbie didn't express himself to me on the park in any way on his loan period he only started 3/4 games all the rest on the bench 

So am sorry if my view are different to others 

What I will say you couldn't meet a nicer guy and I hope he gets a run in the Raith side he hasn't had a club for 6 months also tells me something 

Edited by Wasps1

He clearly wasn't anywhere near a "total disaster". He was one of only 4 Alloa players to score a winning goal in the league last season. He always worked hard for the team. I'd agree though that he didn't make the contribution expected, particularly after extending his loan. He couldn't get into what wasn't a vintage Alloa side. I'd love to be proved wrong, but suspect that Wasps1 is actually right for once in saying he probably isn't a Championship level player. As wrong as ever with the "total disaster" stuff though. 

Excellent result today and hopefully gets the team going again. Longworth needed a goal badly, let's hope that sparks him off. 

He clearly wasn't anywhere near a "total disaster". He was one of only 4 Alloa players to score a winning goal in the league last season. He always worked hard for the team. I'd agree though that he didn't make the contribution expected, particularly after extending his loan. He couldn't get into what wasn't a vintage Alloa side. I'd love to be proved wrong, but suspect that Wasps1 is actually right for once in saying he probably isn't a Championship level player. As wrong as ever with the "total disaster" stuff though. 

Excellent result today and hopefully gets the team going again. Longworth needed a goal badly, let's hope that sparks him off. 

Agree with this

Slightly harsh to say robbie was a 'total disaster' though.

He was the new David Greenhill. Ran about a lot and never faulted for effort, but produced very little. Can't believe he's got a deal in the Championship, when the likes of Ryan Mccord is now in the 2nd division.

Almost as crazy as Scott Gallagher being on the bench at St Mirren whilst Andy McNeil has been in the Morton team that played the League Cup semi.

Robbie Crawford was a total disaster for us 

If any alloa fan can tell me any different I will listen 

Total waste of Money . Simple

Pretending to not like any of the Danny Lennon signings as he put you on the naughty step for being a gobshite...