The Alloa Athletic Thread

From that list Paddy Connolly although he's always maintained he doesn't want to be top dog. Be interesting to find out his caretaker-manager record in terms of games/results with us. 

To hell with it, bring back Tom Hendrie, John Coughlin and their barmy army!

It's never really held you back before - but I just cant understand that every man that has been in charge since Hartley hasn't insisted on having their own man in as assistant.

Always thought Cleland would've made a good manager, he had a couple of games in charge for us in the SPL and won them both, playing good looking football too. He wasn't interested in the managers job though and don't think he has been since, seems happy just being a youth coach.

New manager unveiled tomorrow 1430.

I sincerely hope it's not Mark Wilson or the majority of names on that McBookie list. What's James McFadden's situation at Motherwell?

I sincerely hope it's not Mark Wilson or the majority of names on that McBookie list. What's James McFadden's situation at Motherwell?

He's player/assistant Manager. So highly likely a fee would be involved.
Alec Cleland would make a brilliant manager but he constantly distances himself away from management. Probably due to the fact he's got a good thing going at St Johnstone that taking a managers job would be risky.
It'll be Burchill with Goodwin as assistant or the other way around.

It's never really held you back before - but I just cant understand that every man that has been in charge since Hartley hasn't insisted on having their own man in as assistant.

Yeah, that's normally what happens. I quite like that we keep Paddy on. Knows the club and the players at this level. I wonder if the club insists on it? Jack Ross did bring in his appointment too.

James mcfadden came on as a sub against hearts last friday and scored so i'd imagine he is well in at motherwell or as someone else said there would be a fee involved.