The Alloa Athletic Thread

Hopefully that will be a good continuity appointment without lessening Goodwin's influence on the pitch. If Goodwin is to be a player manager then it will be interesting to see who else he brings in to help him out or if he'll be happy for Paddy Connolly to manage things on the touchline.

Good Luck Jim (Captain Fantastic) Goodwin i hope he does a good job for Alloa hopefully you you guys it lessens the impact of Ross.

Was he coaching with Alloa or just playing this season??

Was sure he said he was just going on solely as a player at the start. But the guy is a born leader so there's no doubt he'd have more responsibility than others.

Looks like a good appointment as long as he keeps his sharp elbow under control. Always thought he was a good player but Refs. had a bias towards his kind of tackles which other players got away with. Look forward to welcoming him to Airdrie whilst still awaiting news from our Alloa source on our new manager?

Interesting. Hopefully it all works out well, but he'll have a hell of a job maintaining discipline without being accused of hypocrisy. Seems like he's well liked, so maybe that'll help.

I doubt it did Souness any harm either.

Always an element of risk with an untried manager in particular, but I'm happy with this appointment. As a few posters have already said he is a great leader on the field and we must hope he can have a similar influence away from the pitch. Should also bring continuity which is a positive, we have a good team and didn't need someone coming in and trying to make loads of changes. None of the names linked particularly excited me anyway. Good luck Jim :)