The Alloa Athletic Thread

5 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

You live or die by your signings some work some don't. It's difficult 

But ....... but wait for it  not in 3 4 or 6 games do you judge them by , remember Flanagan (not  bud  LG ),

point is that many of our best ever players took time to settle and some of us  ( 1 mibbe 2 )

are jumping the gun to be possibly ridiculed later ( we hope) Sorry for all the brackets . 

34 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Nah. Say what you see.  Even when Flanny etc were settling in, getting injury free too, the managers were visible, not just a name or reputation

You don't say everything you see though, as you didn't post anything after we beat East Fife or after we got a very decent point after Howie's stupidity a few weeks ago. I don't think anyone would deny that this season has been a bit bleak at best and no one is a huge fan of the manager after certain decisions and the performances thus far, but the constant negativity every 2 hours becomes very tiresome and boring to read. 

9 hours ago, AlloaAdam said:

You don't say everything you see though, as you didn't post anything after we beat East Fife or after we got a very decent point after Howie's stupidity a few weeks ago. I don't think anyone would deny that this season has been a bit bleak at best and no one is a huge fan of the manager after certain decisions and the performances thus far, but the constant negativity every 2 hours becomes very tiresome and boring to read. 

But I can use punctuation. Didn't make it he QP game due to self isolating or EF as was away.

You don't actually have to be there to 'see'.

1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:

But I can use punctuation. Didn't make it he QP game due to self isolating or EF as was away.

You don't actually have to be there to 'see'.

Were you at the  Livi game ? there is a pattern emerging here do you see it  ?

I think there is obviously other factors to the discontent here. Don’t think you’ll find anyone who agrees with the goalkeeper situation, that’s fair enough. Some big changes elsewhere too. Think we just have to accept he's going to make footballing decisions we don’t like. Totally agree that the way he dealt with Neilly was bang out. He has a mountain to climb to win back fans, I don’t think it should be as big as the thread makes out.

I wonder how many times this will be referenced over the coming weeks but the start we had under Goodwin when we were promoted was a lot worse. Players like Malcolm, Renton leading the line as we get whacked for five from Albion Rovers, who were to be relegated. As mentioned above, if we look at the home performances, they’ve actually been ok. We have Cawley and Trouten to come back into a forward line consisting of Scougall and now Henderson. That’s fairly strong. We are weaker than last season in midfield. Defensively I think we have more options and look ok there. Goalkeeper obviously not. 

We need to sort the away form out and get some consistency. I’m not Barry’s biggest fan but what is the point moaning about everything he does, even the good things! Sign Henderson, a signing that has gone down well, however, there is always a ‘bit’ and ugh, yeah. A convincing win today would hopefully get the away hoodoo gone. 

We probably need to give the negativity a bit of a rest here. It’s bad for the blood pressure! It’s a very new team,  and it’ll take a few more weeks to find a pattern. That’s pretty much the same situation every season. Yes - I’m as baffled and rattled as anyone over the Neil Parry affair, cos it’s ridiculously bad judgement in all eyes except BF’s and associated sycophants, but there is still a nucleus of a good team. So as long as BF doesn’t commit any further axe strokes of unfathomable lunacy, I reckon we’ll be fine. Soon.

1 hour ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Sorry for the negativity to all the ones who are annoyed about that. That'll be the first step to getting rid of Graham. 10 subs allowed and we name 5!! Are all the others injured or is he trying to force them to leave as well.

Maybe rested for some actually important games?

I'm trying to think positively. No idea why we'd have so few subs, unless it just comes down to not giving a f**k, which would be understandable in this case.

7 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Nope, haven't parted with any money to see Alloa this season.

I missed a deserved win over Livi, but also missed the shambles against The Coo.

Personal circs have prevented me attending this season so far, but hope to be in attendance against Falkirk.

9 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Nope, haven't parted with any money to see Alloa this season.

I missed a deserved win over Livi, but also missed the shambles against The Coo.

Personal circs have prevented me attending this season so far, but hope to be in attendance against Falkirk.

Surely now you can use your DeLorean to nip back and catch up?