The Alloa Athletic Thread

25 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

Enough is enough rice OOT before it is to late he is taking us backwards 

If fans want change,they need to make their voices heard,turning around and walking straight out of the gate changes nothing.He has to go now to at least try to save the season.The Alloa board almost always leaves things far to long,then it's panic stations.

Edited by Alloa 68

Was going to go to the game but son has a Halloween party, turned off notifications after 3 minutes!

We had been improving the last 3/4 weeks but that result risks putting us back a few steps. Turns next week into a massive game. If we lose in a similar manner next weekend, I think it could be time for Rice to go.

2 hours ago, AlloaAdam said:

Think that’s me drifted over to getting rid of the manager. We were an utter shambles today and I don’t see any evidence from any of the games we’ve had this season that that is likely to change any time soon. His signings have basically all been failures and don’t suit the way he’s trying to play, we have no width, no creativity and no defensive shape. Think it’s going to be a long slog till Christmas because I don’t think we’ll get rid any time soon.

Lots of these things were issues last season but we had enough good players - and a few spells where the team was fairly settled - that we got away with it. We certainly lost a couple of good players in the summer but the high turnover was a bit of a disaster as the manager is so fond of tinkering that settling in so many new men was even harder than it needed to be. There are questions over many of those players but they've hardly been helped in their efforts to settle in. And even if the squad overall isn't as strong as it was, there are still more than enough good players there to make a decent part-time League One side. Better than most (arguably all) of the other part-time teams in the league. 

Suspect you're right that little will change anytime soon. Think we'll probably pick up points too for the simple reason that there are very able players there (we won last week not playing well and without our best players for example). But as things stand it will be a struggle, anyone half decent (and some less than that) will beat us, and it will be an ongoing decline. 

In the short term, can only hope PJ is back for the derby next week. Scougall and Roy would also make a big difference. 

Rice has to take the blame for today , the way we set up was sooo wrong , defence is our weak point though in my 

opinion , Mind you if it wasn't for the Falkirk players playing back to the keeper I think Hogarth could have Fallen asleep and Falkirk would still win the game .

26 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Rice has to take the blame for today , the way we set up was sooo wrong , defence is our weak point though in my 

opinion , Mind you if it wasn't for the Falkirk players playing back to the keeper I think Hogarth could have Fallen asleep and Falkirk would still win the game .

Completely agree. I thought with the players we signed that we would be stronger defensively this season compared to last, but that isn't how it's working out. 

Dunbar in November will no doubt be a bit chilly, but nice to get something different with the draw. Will be a ground very few have been to in the past so another to tick off the list. Despite our bad run of form we *should* really have more than enough to get through.

I thought Alloa were dreadful on Saturday, probably the worst I've seen this season? If MacIver and Miller had had their shooting boots on we would have had at least 6 and, in the words of our erstwhile commentator wee Lewis, we could and should have had so much more. 

29 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I thought Alloa were dreadful on Saturday, probably the worst I've seen this season? If MacIver and Miller had had their shooting boots on we would have had at least 6 and, in the words of our erstwhile commentator wee Lewis, we could and should have had so much more. 

Falkirk should've had so much more saved in the bank 100k in the red  the killers wont save you. Alloa have no doubt done their bit to help falkirk we gave them their best player and they turn round and talk nonsense.   I used to not mind falkirk but the fans are devoid of class.

Alloa need to improve and stop taking rice's instructions to lay down for "his"team

46 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Does that mean ours is big Lewis?

29 minutes ago, thestorytobetold said:

Falkirk should've had so much more saved in the bank 100k in the red  the killers wont save you. Alloa have no doubt done their bit to help falkirk we gave them their best player and they turn round and talk nonsense.   I used to not mind falkirk but the fans are devoid of class.

Alloa need to improve and stop taking rice's instructions to lay down for "his"team

I'm struggling here mate TBH, quite difficult to understand what you're on about, however, I assume you don't agree with my sentiments, in which case, can you point out any inaccuracies in what I said please?

I can't see either that my comments could be construed as 'devoid of class'. Maybe you could explain that one too?

Hopefully you're description of Rice telling his team to lie down to us is just sour grapes, because you surely can't believe that to be the case?

I wasn't trying to be superior or boastful in what I said, if that's what you think, just attempting to describe what I saw at the match, which, I think, is the opinion of most of your fellow supporters.

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm struggling here mate TBH, quite difficult to understand what you're on about, however, I assume you don't agree with my sentiments, in which case, can you point out any inaccuracies in what I said please?

I can't see either that my comments could be construed as 'devoid of class'. Maybe you could explain that one too?

Hopefully you're description of Rice telling his team to lie down to us is just sour grapes, because you surely can't believe that to be the case?

I wasn't trying to be superior or boastful in what I said, if that's what you think, just attempting to describe what I saw at the match, which, I think, is the opinion of most of your fellow supporters.

21 minutes ago, thestorytobetold said:

If the result had been the other way round I'd stick to my teams page to celebrate rather than risk the temptation to even appear as gloating on the opposing fans page.  There is such a thing as grace in victory. Something I displayed to a  falkirk fan at the depths of their troubles in 21/22. Instead I chose to encourage and rother than stick salt in the wound. So it's not about inaccuracy.

Alloa fans are well aware of the teams challenges this season and our manager has said in at least one interview that falkirk are his team that and the fact he possesses a distinct ability not to motivate his players for the game. Until he can prove otherwise it's not based on sour grapes when I quote him directly. 

2 minutes ago, thestorytobetold said:

If the result had been the other way round I'd stick to my teams page to celebrate rather than risk the temptation to even appear as gloating on the opposing fans page.  There is such a thing as grace in victory. Something I displayed to a  falkirk fan at the depths of their troubles in 21/22. Instead I chose to encourage and rother than stick salt in the wound. So it's not about inaccuracy.

Alloa fans are well aware of the teams challenges this season and our manager has said in at least one interview that falkirk are his team that and the fact he possesses a distinct ability not to motivate his players for the game. Until he can prove otherwise it's not based on sour grapes when I quote him directly. 

Fair enough bud, have a nice night.