The Alloa Athletic Thread

I thought it was @MortonAnnoy for a second there <_<

It would be fairly tremendous to hear Wasps1 trying to read out tweets before the game TBH. The team sheets are enough of an adventure.

Hi guys,

Without a dedicated Alloa researcher up to this point in the Football Manager 16 research process, I fear the Alloa squad has become a bit of a mess.

It seems to me that there are too many players there, and also perhaps that some players don't have the correct positions set (and that's before we even get to the matter of how players are rated, because there are some that look like they are very much in the wrong order).

I've grouped the players into Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders and Forwards and within each group, the players are rated from best to worst.

Would any of you be able to identify any problems here. Players who should be there who aren't (I know one for example) and players who are there who shouldn't be? Also are players rated as having the correct positions (their primary position is listed beside them with secondary positions in brackets)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GK

Andrew McNeil

David Crawford

Jamie Brown

Ryan McKechnie

Defence

Dougie Hill - DC

Jason Marr - DC (DL)

Catalin Paun - DC (DR/DMC)

Mikk Reintam - DC

Kyle McAusland - DR (DC/WBR)

Mark Williams - DR/MR

Colin Hamilton - DL

Steven Smith - DR (WBR)

Lewis Wilson - DL (DC)

Andrew Ward - DC

Keirin Paterson - DC

Midfield

Burton O'Brien - MC (DMC)

Michael Duffy - AML (AMC/ST)

Connor McManus - MC

Graeme Holmes MC/AMC (ML/AML MR/AMR)

David Weatherston - MR (AMR/ST)

Steven Hetherington - MC (AMC)

Iain Flannigan - AMC (MC/MR/AMR)

Edward Fearns - MR/AMR/ST (ML/AML/AMC)

Omar Kader - ML/AML/MR/AMR

Graham Forsyth - ML/AML

Michael Hardie - MR/AMR (ML/AML)

Calum Welsh - MC/AMC

Lee McLelland - MC

Aron Lynas - MC

Nathan Moore - MR/AMR (AMC)

Forwards

Scott Hynd - ST (AMR/AML)

Isaac Layne - ST (AMR/AML)

Aaron Stubberfield - ST (AMC)

Geoff Mitchell - ST

Lewis Kinnaird - ST

Staff

Danny Lennon - Manager

Jim Butter - GK Coach

Graeme Liveston - Head of Youth Development

Mike Mulraney - Chairman

Jim Law - Physio

Gerry Docherty - Head Physio

He was our actual goalkeeper for a good few years in the late 80's/early 90's.

He was pretty decent aswell, but as you rightly point out it's an unfortunate name for a GK.

Don't know if it's still the same but his email used to be Jimthecatbutter and he does a blinder of an Elvis impersonation at nights out. Top bloke too and a fondly remembered keeper for the club in the early 90s

Hi guys,

Without a dedicated Alloa researcher up to this point in the Football Manager 16 research process, I fear the Alloa squad has become a bit of a mess.

It seems to me that there are too many players there, and also perhaps that some players don't have the correct positions set (and that's before we even get to the matter of how players are rated, because there are some that look like they are very much in the wrong order).

I've grouped the players into Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders and Forwards and within each group, the players are rated from best to worst.

Would any of you be able to identify any problems here. Players who should be there who aren't (I know one for example) and players who are there who shouldn't be? Also are players rated as having the correct positions (their primary position is listed beside them with secondary positions in brackets)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GK

Andrew McNeil

David Crawford

Jamie Brown

Ryan McKechnie

Defence

Dougie Hill - DC

Jason Marr - DC (DL)

Catalin Paun - DC (DR/DMC)

Mikk Reintam - DC

Kyle McAusland - DR (DC/WBR)

Mark Williams - DR/MR

Colin Hamilton - DL

Steven Smith - DR (WBR)

Lewis Wilson - DL (DC)

Andrew Ward - DC

Keirin Paterson - DC

Midfield

Burton O'Brien - MC (DMC)

Michael Duffy - AML (AMC/ST)

Connor McManus - MC

Graeme Holmes MC/AMC (ML/AML MR/AMR)

David Weatherston - MR (AMR/ST)

Steven Hetherington - MC (AMC)

Iain Flannigan - AMC (MC/MR/AMR)

Edward Fearns - MR/AMR/ST (ML/AML/AMC)

Omar Kader - ML/AML/MR/AMR

Graham Forsyth - ML/AML

Michael Hardie - MR/AMR (ML/AML)

Calum Welsh - MC/AMC

Lee McLelland - MC

Aron Lynas - MC

Nathan Moore - MR/AMR (AMC)

Forwards

Scott Hynd - ST (AMR/AML)

Isaac Layne - ST (AMR/AML)

Aaron Stubberfield - ST (AMC)

Geoff Mitchell - ST

Lewis Kinnaird - ST

Staff

Danny Lennon - Manager

Jim Butter - GK Coach

Graeme Liveston - Head of Youth Development

Mike Mulraney - Chairman

Jim Law - Physio

Gerry Docherty - Head Physio

Don't think the ratings order is all that far away, keeping in mind that we haven't seen too much of some of these players. Probably Paun below Williams and McAusland and shunt them up for defenders? Not that much in it at all though. Flannigan would be above Hetherington for me, with Kader probably above Eddie. Up front I'd have Geoff Mitchell rated highest from that list, but Chopra will obviously sit a fair bit higher than that.

Any Alloa Fans at a loose end on Saturday should come along and watch the Alloa Supporters Club Take on Hamilton Accies. 10:30 KO at Stirling Uni. We have also been drawn against Ayr United in the first round of the cup

Any Alloa Fans at a loose end on Saturday should come along and watch the Alloa Supporters Club Take on Hamilton Accies. 10:30 KO at Stirling Uni. We have also been drawn against Ayr United in the first round of the cup

If anyone is intending to come along and watch us on Saturday at Stirling Uni the match is taking place at the grass pitches up beside the pitch and putt.