The Alloa Athletic Thread

Doesn't seem to stick around anywhere for too long, think Alloa were his 8th club and he's only 25. Worth a gamble, particularly given our situation in the summer, but as well to cut our losses early if it wasn't working out. Hopefully we'll see another striker coming in soon.

Not defending him as he certainly shouldn't have lashed out with whatever he was holding but that headline's a bit sensationalist and makes it look like he's deliberately glassed some woman which doesn't appear to be the case if you read the article. If the court believed he did he wouldn't have got a suspended sentence.

Not defending him as he certainly shouldn't have lashed out with whatever he was holding but that headline's a bit sensationalist and makes it look like he's deliberately glassed some woman which doesn't appear to be the case if you read the article. If the court believed he did he wouldn't have got a suspended sentence.

He deliberately meant to glass someone though, maybe not that girl in particular, but he lashed out in anger. You can't go swinging glass jugs at folk cause someone bumped into you on a dancefloor, it's not really an unfortunate accident if you do that, the guy should have been locked up for it. I reckon had the girl been left with a disfigurement on her face or the likes he would've been.

If the club knew about this then he should never have been given the captaincy. If they didnt then I would have no problem with them binning him.

With regards to the incident itself - Dougie Hill is no stupid wee laddie. He is 30. Should not be swinging glassware around in a nightclub regardless of any provocation. He is very lucky as this could have ended much worse. I wouldnt play him on Saturday. Partly due to this incident and partly due to the fact that I havnt been impressed with what I've seen of him yet. Maybe this hanging over him has affected his form.