The Alloa Athletic Thread

I'll be very happy if Doyle is back. He made a few mistakes last season but he was a very effective player for us over the past few seasons and a real attacking threat down the flank as well as being a decent defender. Tremendous athelete too with a massive work rate. A fit Michael Doyle is a big improvement on what we have IMO.

I think we've signed Greg Rutherford, presumably on loan. What's he like?

Doubt it's a loan, he left Alloa in the summer and although he has been training with the club again recently I haven't seen any word that he had signed. He didn't make too many appearances for us last season and didn't offer much in the glimpses I had of him, but to be fair hard to judge the guy on such little evidence.

Fucking hell, Geoffrey. Sounds like that laddie has all sorts of problems.

I saw Rutherford play for the first team and the reserves several times and don't remember a single thing he did. Naturally, this means he'll go on to be a roaring success at Arbroath :lol:

Done alright, only got 20 minutes, came on for Martin Grehan. Looked strong, held it up well, decent touches, got himself on the end of a low cross into the box for his goal.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on, never really got a chance with us

"Weird finish" = fell over the ball and almost managed to miss from a yard out :thumsup2 . To be fair to him he did well in the build up then made a good run into the box.

Its either a great piece of quick thinking to divert it in with his back to goal, or he forgot which team he was playing for and its a failed clearance off the line.

Well done Greg!