The Alloa Athletic Thread

Unfortunately he hasn't done anything with the first team to suggest he is going to solve the problems in attack. He is too good for the Development League and not good enough for the Championship, makes sense to me to give him a shot at a level down and see if he comes on a bit, and save some wages for a couple of months too. Good luck to Isaac at Brechin.

Tbf to the boy it's hard to make the sort of impact we're looking for in a 15 min cameo.

Tbf to the boy it's hard to make the sort of impact we're looking for in a 15 min cameo.

That's true but he's been at the club for a few months now and has had a few starts as well. On the evidence of those performances do you think he would have been capable of going into the team over the next few weeks and scoring goals? Looked a long way off the pace when I've seen him. Better off to see what he can do at a lower level.

That's true but he's been at the club for a few months now and has had a few starts as well. On the evidence of those performances do you think he would have been capable of going into the team over the next few weeks and scoring goals? Looked a long way off the pace when I've seen him. Better off to see what he can do at a lower level.

I would say nobody is looking like scoring at the moment. I agree that it will be good to see if he can cut it in league1. I feel we are leaving ourselves very very light in the striking department. There maybe players waiting to come or maybe he feels Hynd can take up the issac rule when he returns to fitness?

I would say nobody is looking like scoring at the moment. I agree that it will be good to see if he can cut it in league1. I feel we are leaving ourselves very very light in the striking department. There maybe players waiting to come or maybe he feels Hynd can take up the issac rule when he returns to fitness?

isn't Scott Hynd free to leave in Jan?

This Saturday the supporters team host Ayr Utd in the Scottish Cup at Alloa Academy with a 10am kick off. Ayr are one of our main challengers in the league and keeping with the big teams fierce rivalry this promises to be a powder-keg of a match. I can hear Maitland, Hillcoat and Walker dusting off their Gazelles in anticipation of this one

In all seriousness though this is another tough game for us.

10am kick off.

Another thunderous win for Marvellous Martyn's Magnificent Men :D

Issac layne has joined Brechin on loan till January. Bit of a strange one for me considering the lack of options up front.

Best of luck to guy.

Bizarre turn of events. I can only assume that the club is getting a contribution to wages and has someone else lined up as a replacement.

Either way, hopefully the lad plays a blinder. Seems like a nice guy and (for what it's worth) I still think he has something, even if it hasn't worked out for us.

Christ on a bike :shutup

Dont think so, and cant see that happening anyway. Club I think have been looking at loan options for him, but it has to be something that suits him in terms of geographical logistics and obviously the right fit to bring his game on. He has improved significantly over the last year from what Ive seen.

Agree short spurts of game time make it a hard task- particularly for a striker. But these cameos are all that Greig Spence received initially at 16, but he made an impact, took his chances when they came, took the knocks learned lessons and forced his way in. A year later he was sold to Celtic for a large sum.

Agree short spurts of game time make it a hard task- particularly for a striker. But these cameos are all that Greig Spence received initially at 16, but he made an impact, took his chances when they came, took the knocks learned lessons and forced his way in. A year later he was sold to Celtic for a large sum.

Now plays for Cowdenbeath who are sitting 9th in League 1 and looks likely to be playing football in the bottom Scottish league next season. Where did it all go wrong? :lol:

Now plays for Cowdenbeath who are sitting 9th in League 1 and looks likely to be playing football in the bottom Scottish league next season. Where did it all go wrong? :lol:

:lol: You've got me there. Maybe I digressed a bit there- general point was that others have managed to make an impact and obtain a starting slot in the team from coming off the bench late in games.

Out of interest Alloa fans did Scott Bain save/face many penalties whilst with you lot? He's had to face a few for us including today and whilst he's an absolutely awesome keeper, I've never felt confident of him getting near a penalty.

Out of interest Alloa fans did Scott Bain save/face many penalties whilst with you lot? He's had to face a few for us including today and whilst he's an absolutely awesome keeper, I've never felt confident of him getting near a penalty.

Very few I think.

You know your absolutely right. Just give him back just now and we'll call it quits yeah?

One of my main memories of him was an absolutely amazing triple save from a penalty at Brechin. Not sure what our defence were doing, if anything, but he saved two close range rebounds whilst still on the deck! Awesome stuff!

Not sure of his actual record facing them though, perhaps Father Barry or J.Markwell could look into it.

He wasn't great at penalties. Tended to dive too early IMO.

We are paying the price for Lennon going on holiday for a month and letting our squad go elsewhere. We have went backwards and Lennon (IMO) is worse than Smith. Smith managed to keep the squad together and signed players who improved us last season. We were more organised and tactically aware as well. We are needlessly wasting money on the likes of Chopra. He's the Scott Crabbe of this team. Another finished striker but all is good when he plays his one diagonal pass a game and everyone applauds him. I think a change of manager is needed. Lennon has the biggest budget of any Alloa manager and has squandered it. How many more strikers are we going to release before signing anyone? When Isaac came to the club he looked like a good prospect he has regressed under Lennon. This feels like the second Tom Hendrie era another manager who thought he was the big shot but in reality is p*sh.

Russell Latapy for the job?

We are paying the price for Lennon going on holiday for a month and letting our squad go elsewhere. We have went backwards and Lennon (IMO) is worse than Smith. Smith managed to keep the squad together and signed players who improved us last season. We were more organised and tactically aware as well. We are needlessly wasting money on the likes of Chopra. He's the Scott Crabbe of this team. Another finished striker but all is good when he plays his one diagonal pass a game and everyone applauds him. I think a change of manager is needed. Lennon has the biggest budget of any Alloa manager and has squandered it. How many more strikers are we going to release before signing anyone? When Isaac came to the club he looked like a good prospect he has regressed under Lennon. This feels like the second Tom Hendrie era another manager who thought he was the big shot but in reality is p*sh.

Russell Latapy for the job?

I think Lennon being worse than Smith is not true. Smith would stand there with his hands folded and not change anything where as Danny does change things and experiments. Smith did get the squad signed up but I don't think there was much demand then, another good season in the championship and demand was high. Leaving Danny's job to get the likes of Gordon etc signed up impossible. I still think Isaac will be good for Alloa and I'm a bit annoyed that he has been loaned now when options are low and not last season when we had a few options. Chopra is a talent but really ineffective when he plays a lone role as he's not got the fitness anymore. That's why I think Isaac/Duffy playing off him would be good and bring the most out of him Edited by KierenAAFC