The Alloa Athletic Thread

Mikey probably realised he was never going to get his chance at Alloa, so moved on to try and get some regular game time somewhere with a chance to further progress. I thought Mikey Couser looked a decent goalkeeper in the Development League and heard a fair few stories commending his commitment and attitude. Hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Mikey looked a lot older than they boys.

I may be wrong but I thought Mikey was still a teenager? Wish him all the best wherever he ends up if the stories are right about him could be a steal for a team a couple divisions below or a junior team

I may be wrong but I thought Mikey was still a teenager? Wish him all the best wherever he ends up if the stories are right about him could be a steal for a team a couple divisions below or a junior team

Twenty-one at the end of the year. Still but a twinkling in the milkman's eye, in goalkeeping terms :P

McNeil didnt play any part in the Airdrie game either, so he must have had an agreed reason to miss the two matches. Crawford as mentioned tweaked his groin against Airdrie so assume he wasnt risked on this basis.

I doubt Simmys wages are outwith the reaches of the higher level part time clubs, and would expect any manager who has done their homework would realise he's a decent option for them. Going back to Ben again, he was always going to give full time football a go after jacking in his job- the money on offer from Alloa wouldnt have been a factor. As far as Im aware, Ben had two concrete offers-quite surprised he only got a one year deal though (I think).

Edit- Waspy has explained the McNeil absence

I heard a story about Simmons when he signed for Queens, from a very good source. Apparently, he came in and the deal he was offered was well below what he was expecting (the club were going through huge cost cutting and offering peanuts, basically). He went away, called McPherson a few hours later and said something along the lines of "f**k it, I'll sign. I just want to play football"

I always had a lot of respect for him because of that. Still a shit player mind you ;)

I heard a story about Simmons when he signed for Queens, from a very good source. Apparently, he came in and the deal he was offered was well below what he was expecting (the club were going through huge cost cutting and offering peanuts, basically). He went away, called McPherson a few hours later and said something along the lines of "f**k it, I'll sign. I just want to play football"

I always had a lot of respect for him because of that. Still a shit player mind you ;)

I was in two minds in whether that deserved a greeny for the story or a red dot for calling simmy shit but I'm in a good mood so f**k it take a greeny ;)

bit harsh to be judging a young keeper when he had nothing much to do

You mean Wilko? Don't think he was being critical, just that he looked a bit unsure of himself in comparison to the more experienced Couser, as you'd expect.

Are you his dad, by any chance? :P

fair enough just a youth keeper but gonna be nervous

Sure his dad would be on it defending him instead of finding out what the he played like

No need for defence, I'm quite sure.

Shame, as it would been nice to know what his name is before the Development League kicks off again. Others might remember better, but I think the first half keeper was surprisingly short too. Again, not a criticism, just an observation.