The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 minute ago, printer said:

Along with Liam Buchanan.

Excellent signings for Raith. Never liked seeing Liam in a Livingston shirt anyway! And don't begrudge Spencie his move, obviously Smith a factor. Suspect Barry will put together a good side who will play decent football. His teams have a tendency to ultimately fall short, however - hopefully that trend will continue. 

Oh FFS. Raith will need a defence like tissue paper to avoid winning the title next season  :(

I'd imagine we'll see another striker coming in, but it'll take a miracle to find someone of Spence/Buchanan's calibre.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

So can we go through the season with Malcolm, Renton & Fleming up top or do we need to bring someone else in?

Still need numbers in defence I'd say. Waters situation definitely gone quiet. Glimmer of hope?

If we go with the strikers we have it's a different approach, but I do think whilst Fleming wont get us bucketloads of goals, he will give us something different and turn out to be a really good signing. Also might allow the likes of Flannigan and Cawley to put in their fair share of goals.

Still expecting Waters to go.

The season in the Championship with Spency and Buchs up front I thought that team was good enough to win this league at a canter. Would not be surprised if this happens for Rovers but time will tell. We can only focus on ourselves and see what happens.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

So can we go through the season with Malcolm, Renton & Fleming up top or do we need to bring someone else in?

Still need numbers in defence I'd say. Waters situation definitely gone quiet. Glimmer of hope?

Issac Layne

Think raith will go on to win the league now signing that glorious pair.

Dont think we are far short of what we need to compete.

Spencey massive loss obviously but good luck to him, who could begrudge him his move after the season hes had, i'm sure he'll be back.

I think if we can get a good centre midfielder signed up then we will have another very capable squad worthy of competing at the top of the league.

I said this time last year I would be happy with top four and I'd be happy with it again next season.

Am i the only one who wasnt a fan of mccluskey, dont think he done a great deal.

Be happy with cook & flanny, then us signing another kirky like player.

Read that ayr had offered dean brett to pre season, would take a chance on him, plenty of championship experience.

Am i the only one who wasnt a fan of mccluskey, dont think he done a great deal.

Be happy with cook & flanny, then us signing another kirky like player.

Read that ayr had offered dean brett to pre season, would take a chance on him, plenty of championship experience.

Is Dean Brett not currently under investigation for betting? I wouldn't take the risk of signing him then him getting a lengthy ban if so.