The Alloa Athletic Thread

His own choice to drop down to that level. Not convinced his manager at Raith really knew how to get the best out of him either.

Regardless, Ryan McCord is not a poor footballer and Greig Spence is a guy who always gives his all.

...For Alloa?

...In League One?

It was also rumoured that at half time in our game at Cappielow just before Christmas in the 2015/2016 season, quite a few other players blamed McCord for being 1-0 down for being extremely lazy, saying that he hadn't broke into even a light jog at all in the first half, he got hooked at half time, we went on to win the game 1-2. He was barely seen after that.

You seem to have a problem with me describing how certain players performed for the Rovers.. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

...For Alloa?

...In League One?

It was also rumoured that at half time in our game at Cappielow just before Christmas in the 2015/2016 season, quite a few other players blamed McCord for being 1-0 down for being extremely lazy, saying that he hadn't broke into even a light jog at all in the first half, he got hooked at half time, we went on to win the game 1-2. He was barely seen after that.

You seem to have a problem with me describing how certain players performed for the Rovers.. :lol:

I think it's quite possible that McCord cut a frustrated figure at Raith. That doesn't mean he is a poor footballer, far from it. Perhaps Spence was out of sorts or short of confidence, maybe he struggled with the style of football. That doesn't mean he was giving "less than 50%". What I'm really suggesting is that you don't know your arse from your elbow when it comes to rating footballers. 

On 6/2/2017 at 10:55, JakeSAFC said:

Won't be long till you're back where you belong, in the basement. Also won't be long till we return to where we belong, fighting for promotion to the Championship.

PMSL

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

...For Alloa?

...In League One?

Nope, for Alloa in the Championship too, and one of our best players in wins over Hibs and Rangers.

Obviously can't comment on him for Raith too much, but when Rovers beat us 3 0 early on in our last Championship season he was the best player on the park.

One of the best midfielders I've seen at Alloa.

Ryan McCord is a technically excellent footballer, however his lack of fitness dictates he struggles above the part time leagues.
This is a life choice of McCords, and one he's more than happy to continue with, standing out in part time leagues and plodding on doing what he's doing out with football also.
I'd easily have him back at Airdrie.

An absolute terrific player. In Scotland players who are technically gifted but perhaps not the most mobile are written off. Charlie Adams is case in point and was deemed not up to standard whilst at rangers. McCord is similar . One of the most technically gifted players I have seen at alloa hugely influential. A bit of edge to him also . 

17 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Did a lot of Rovers fans not give the boy a hard time in his last spell with the club?

He was pretty rubbish in his last season with us, but did well before that. Releasing him was the correct decision. 

I'd be happy to see him back given we're now in L1. 

Mccord was excellent against us for Alloa. He isn't cut out for full time football, not fit enough to cope consistently at the level we were that season. Very very good League 1 player.

Apparently the Wasps decided to celebrate my birth with a 5-1 battering by Dundee at the Recs  :P

That Accies one is a stoater - did you get these at the time, or have you been busy on that eBay?

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Apparently the Wasps decided to celebrate my birth with a 5-1 battering by Dundee at the Recs  :P

That Accies one is a stoater - did you get these at the time, or have you been busy on that eBay?

They are and have been mine for a long time, the 1978 ones were given to me by a supporter long gone to the big terraces in the sky, i was not at them .

I first tootled along to the recs when alex totten was the manager, (on a regular basis anyway) although i did take in one or two of the hugh wilson era! was taken along by big bruv

who now can't be arsed going to games now :huh:

20 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

DSCF4143.JPG

Could be wrong but this may have been the infamous game in which the hearts fans charged the Alloa fans at the road end resulting in quite a few alloa fans diving over the fence in to the road :lol: quite a large crowd there too, If i remember right the game was abandoned with alloa leading 1-0 ?

Edited by whereismillar