The Alloa Athletic Thread

We're due to announce 3 new signings towards the start of next week. I still think he'll be one of them. Like others have said, it was Smith that brought him back to Alloa so there's a good chance he might fancy him at us.

Maybe so but he was rumoured to have been offered a deal last season with you and turned it down, cant see you paying him more than he makes at the moment with working and playing, if anything he'd stay part time just not with us.

3 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Maybe so but he was rumoured to have been offered a deal last season with you and turned it down, cant see you paying him more than he makes at the moment with working and playing, if anything he'd stay part time just not with us.

There is another part-time club desperately looking for players at the moment. A club who seem to give you a lot of players.

:ph34r:

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

We're due to announce 3 new signings towards the start of next week. I still think he'll be one of them. Like others have said, it was Smith that brought him back to Alloa so there's a good chance he might fancy him at us.

I would tend to agree, can't see him going to Dumbarton, which would be the only real step up in terms of PT football.

We're too incompetent to sign a player like that and Ayr already have Moffat and Moore.

Spence is on holiday still, not sure when he gets back but I'd imagine nothing will be confirmed until then.

Spence is on holiday still, not sure when he gets back but I'd imagine nothing will be confirmed until then.

Yeah he's still in Mexico at the minute. The players that we're due to announce have only verbally agreed so far, so we're not announcing them until it's in writing which is understandable.

It could still be Spence if he's back towards the start of the week. I really can't see him staying with you with Malcolm, Renton and now Fleming with you guys.

44 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

I think Peterhead also gave him an excellent offer last summer. A striker who puts the ball in the net every season will never struggle.

42 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Yeah he's still in Mexico at the minute. The players that we're due to announce have only verbally agreed so far, so we're not announcing them until it's in writing which is understandable.

It could still be Spence if he's back towards the start of the week. I really can't see him staying with you with Malcolm, Renton and now Fleming with you guys.

Did a lot of Rovers fans not give the boy a hard time in his last spell with the club?

Quite surprised because one thing I would say about the boy is he tries his heart out whether it's a good day or bad.

He doesn't do an awful lot outside the box, which winds a few folk up and maybe has something to do with perceived lack of effort. But in terms of instinct playing off the last man and in the penalty area he's excellent.

7 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Quite surprised because one thing I would say about the boy is he tries his heart out whether it's a good day or bad.

He doesn't do an awful lot outside the box, which winds a few folk up and maybe has something to do with perceived lack of effort. But in terms of instinct playing off the last man and in the penalty area he's excellent.

I believe this is the same Raith poster who frequently posted that Ryan McCord was a poor footballer. 

I believe this is the same Raith poster who frequently posted that Ryan McCord was a poor footballer. 

Anyone who thinks Ryan is a poor footballer should be sectioned for their own safety.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Correct. He was a poor footballer for Raith. That's why we released him and he ended up dropping down to League 2..

His own choice to drop down to that level. Not convinced his manager at Raith really knew how to get the best out of him either.

Regardless, Ryan McCord is not a poor footballer and Greig Spence is a guy who always gives his all.

Anyone who thinks Ryan is a poor footballer should be sectioned for their own safety.

Technically the guy is incredible. His just above average fitness is the thing that holds him back a bit. Hoping he gets a very good pre season under his belt he wasn't fit for the first few months last season.

Anyways, Ryan McCord is now in league 1, along with a certain club from Kirkcaldy...

Squad looks pretty strong now. We could do with one or two creative players to take that burden off Flannigan and Cook, but overall it's very solid.

We've been crying out for a Fleming type for a while now, and with the support of Renton and Malcolm we will give most defences a tough time. Clearly we aren't going to play the football we did under Jack Ross (and occasionally under Jim G last year), but I think we will be pretty effective and exciting.