The Alloa Athletic Thread

Looked decent in a shocking Cowden team last season, from what I've seen definitely the type of player who'll improve with better players around him.

Would agree with this. Big target man. Reminds me of Thomson who was at Brechin a bit.

2 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Flanny and Cawley are both in the house learning neck exercises as we speak :lol:

Would not have re-signed if we were not going to use them , like i said gives us options if the preffered ground play is not working..

Think this will turn out to be a really decent signing. Seen him a couple of times last season and was really impressed.
Time will tell I guess.

Must agree, we played cowdenbeath in pre season and i was very impressed, he ripped our defenders apart I thought, never worked out at cowden for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Time will tell on that one...

It has been said on a few occasions that we "overplay" a bit sometimes , with that I agree, a holding front man can bring the likes of flanny and cawley further up the park if it is done well, as you say time will tell, you thought league 1 was tight this season wait till the next one ;) still 4th place has proved to be good enough !!