The Alloa Athletic Thread

7 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

18 goals in all competitions this season for Malcolm, seems decent. Can't mind him to be honest. Hopefully not a replacement for Spence.

Delighted about Taggs though! Cracking signing.

Was excellent for Stranraer a few years back. Moved to Ayr and didn't do much. Back to Stranraer after one season but seemed to have lost a wee bit of the edge he used to have. That's only from games against Alloa though, obviously haven't seen him week in week out. His record in front of goal is still fairly decent to be fair to him.

On the surface, a good supplementary option to battle for a starting berth or play in a 2. If we are relying on him to bang in the goals every week, a gamble.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Least mcd deserves, never put a foot wrong when called upon.

Delighted taggs has signed, i'm sure he would have had other offers, hopefully he can recapture his form at the tail end of the season.

Dont know much about craig malcolm, but to be fair to him he has a good scoring record & hes only 30.

Malcolm sounds like a great signing if we can keep Spence. We struggled when Greig was having an off day last season; we were crying out for someone to share the burden, and reliable goalscorers seem hard to find these days.

A guy who has been a fine lower league striker for years coming to Alloa from Stranraer to try and regain past form. What can go wrong?

Really happy with Taggart re-signing. I know there were some concerns that his roving runs could at times leave us a bit exposed, but that was a price worth paying (IMO) for what he brings going forward. Two beautiful crosses into the box in the play-off final second leg. We again have two excellent full-backs. Also happy with Craig McDowell, safe pair of hands as cover for Parry.

I wanted us to sign Malcolm a few years and I think we might well have been in for him previously. Hopefully he can get off to a decent start - I think that worked against Jamma at Alloa - and prove to be a good option. Welcome to the club, Craig.

Fair play to the manager, he has got a good core signed up already. Always a concern when you lose good players immediately after the season ends that others will be minded to follow. Retaining key men and adding the likes of Meggatt early on sends out a signal that we intend to challenge. Clearly attack the area that still needs obvious strengthening.  

There's clearly something about Malcolm given how much he has scored but I thought he was truly woeful at Ayr.

His first touch was an utter abomination, his shooting not really any better and the less said about his inability to understand the offside rule the better.