The Alloa Athletic Thread

Happy with those signings. I don't remember thinking Malcolm was slow.

From the squad so far we could put a good starting eleven out. Quality of the next couple of strikers we sign will be key.

Malcolm always gives 100% and must be a pain to play against as he runs after everything even though he isn't the fastest. Great servant for Stranraer and I would of liked to of kept him at stair park. I'm sure he played some of the season as a midfielder at Ayr united which may account for his lack of goals there and them saying he was rubbish . Pretty sure he scored 3 or 4 against them the next season when back playing as a striker for Stranraer though.

Good luck malky....but hopefully not against us...[emoji51]

Someone (Scottishfootballnews1 ?) tweeted that we are about to sign Calum Waters. Might be pish. Anyone heard anything?

I looked at that account and to be honest half of what they were tweeting was absolute nonsense. Waters will move on though, St Mirren wouldn't surprise me but I wouldn't say that account is very reliable at all.

2 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

I looked at that account and to be honest half of what they were tweeting was absolute nonsense. Waters will move on though, St Mirren wouldn't surprise me but I wouldn't say that account is very reliable at all.

Thanks for that. :)

16 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Someone (Scottishfootballnews1 ?) tweeted that we are about to sign Calum Waters. Might be pish. Anyone heard anything?

Feel like I should DM the guy that Ian Black is signing for us to keep the long running joke going. :lol:

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Aye, I wouldn't believe a single word from that account. The Waters move obviously makes sense, but he's literally picking stories out of thin air that would be a reasonable fit. Apparently we're signing Joe Nuttall (who has moved back to Manchester...) and are interested in Andy Ryan...you know, the Andy Ryan who would require a transfer fee...from our skint club.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Feel like I should DM the guy that Ian Black is signing for us to keep the long running joke going. :lol:

Go for it, bet he'd post it :lol:

Does anyone know the status of the Academy players Ryan Hoggan and Adam Martin for next year? I know players at this level often sign longer deals, but can't find any details about these two. Adam Martin in particular was very impressive when he came on in the playoffs, but Hoggan hasn't got much of a look in the past year.

According to the club website, Andy Wilson is signed up to the end of the 17-18 season, and Declan McDonald signed a two year deal back in March. 

More news tonight. Regarding the post above I'd hope both were kept on. Especially Martin, he was fantastic when he came in. I don't see any reason why these two wouldn't be at the club next season.

Martin yes I would like at least another season and more game time .....i will be honest and yes he is a tricky wee player/winger but a half decent defender will suss him out as he always cuts inside ....hopefully more game time against better players will improve his game

Hogie .....not good enough

Goodwin looks like he does not care for young boys who have came through the ranks as he binned Scott Hynd and Lewis Wilson

I have said before i think Wilson was the best out the 4 of them and for the record I have no connection with him just watched a lot of development games

The best prospect is Declan Mcdonald and also the young centre mid Dylan Monaghan  

More news tonight. Regarding the post above I'd hope both were kept on. Especially Martin, he was fantastic when he came in. I don't see any reason why these two wouldn't be at the club next season.

Glad to hear Martin is adapting well to first team football. I know his cousin's family really quite well (his cousin plays for my football team, and has been one of my brother's best mates for years, his uncle coaches the team with me and his aunt is good friends with my Mum). It's good to have someone else in the team to talk about lower league football with tbh!

Craig Malcolm at Ayr was decent.  Unfortunately Mark Roberts signed Kevin Kyle, Malcolm was more of a facilitator with us and lead for assists before he was asked to be a centre mid, he was decent in there as a destructive type but probably shouldn't be revisited.  Hard worker & im sure he will do well.