The Alloa Athletic Thread

A couple of pages back someone mentioned players returning to former clubs can be detrimental and there are many examples to prove this theory over the years. But in the case of the likes of Sparky, Cawley and now Meggatt- these guys are top end quality part time players. I don't see it as sentimental reasoning. These are among the best players in the market we are in, and it's a credit to our club that these guys want to come back and play for us.

29 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Also a great excuse to post this photo of the greatest tackle ever made on a football pitch. Bobby Moore applauded this one from the afterlife 

post-3197-143382556699_thumb.jpg

Poor Omar Kadar spent that afternoon getting bodied around the Recs :lol:.

Meggatt coming back is a top signing. You know what you get with him, solid performances every week and an additional centre half for corners etc.

With Flanny also signing we are getting close to a strong starting eleven. Obviously the quality of strikers we bring in is vital, but we now have a strong base to the team.

One of the guys I want to sign Ryan McGeever has left QP. Pretty solid centre back who'd get into our starting 11. Won't be short of offers though.

Signed for Brechin.

Ross millen for me if taggs leaves, hope not though.

Think someone mentioned this earlier but there won't be a better part time right back available to us than Scott Taggart. I'm confident & really want him to re-sign for us. Millen a good player but Taggs is better.

Think someone mentioned this earlier but there won't be a better part time right back available to us than Scott Taggart. I'm confident & really want him to re-sign for us. Millen a good player but Taggs is better.

Yeah it was me, i think taggs really improved towards the end of the season, meant as a replacement though.

I think hes excellent going forward in particular- he was an ever present in the last campaign for a reason. But still a bit ropey at the back if the opposition are able to isolate him and run at him in space. And Ive seen a few teams noticeably adopting this tactic over the course of the season. Needs your midfield and centre half to keep an eye on it.

But at a part time level, this is not a huge deal. At Championship level, it may have caused us a few issues.