The Alloa Athletic Thread

Wonder what formation Rice will choose for Saturday. Is Durnan injured long term does anyone know? Rice only mentioned Devine being available from Monday and Howie back training in his interview.

Kudos to Falkirk as well for offering up to 3 free tickets for U12s with every adult purchase. 

42 minutes ago, Rory said:

Wonder what formation Rice will choose for Saturday. Is Durnan injured long term does anyone know? Rice only mentioned Devine being available from Monday and Howie back training in his interview.

Kudos to Falkirk as well for offering up to 3 free tickets for U12s with every adult purchase. 

His bit in the Advertiser mentioned Durnan being unavailable now for a number of weeks with the fire service and that he’s also got an injury

21 hours ago, Rory said:

Glad the game on Saturday is going ahead, wonder if we'll have the minute silence.

Only upside of the postponed game is an extra week of training for all our new recruits to help Rice figure out our best XI.

Gives our returning / injured players an extra week 

^^^ pretty much that

Three points from a scrappy game against a side who'll likely be in amongst the play-off contenders at season's end, continuing the momentum built up against Peterhead & Clyde. Up to third in a table that's becoming quite tight in the top half. No notes; hope the team enjoy the long weekend.

Thought Montrose looked good, think not having McAllister forced them to be less direct and that suited them. 

Game was pretty even overall, and as sickening as a late equaliser would have been, wouldn’t have begrudge them a point if that late chance had went in. 

From Alloa perspective, that was a really gritty performance and a brilliant 3 points. 

Agree that Devine did well, nothing fancy but did the basics well. Thought Taggs was outstanding at the back today, especially in the first half when we were under a lot of pressure for the first half an hour. Needed his experience in there beside Devine and Stanger, even little things like the cynical fouls right at the end - showed his experience in there. 

Yeah, I don't think Montrose had a bad game at all, which makes the result all the more satisfying.

Not expecting a promotion push or anything, but looking forward to the rest of the season.

Just now, Willie Gut said:

Enjoyed 'the battle of the old Irishmen'.  Sammon and Dillon, combined age 74 years, never let up until they were hooked.  All the tricks were there,  shirt pulling,  thumb in the ribs, etc.  Think honours were even by the end of it.

Agree with you, was pretty fascinating watching their battle today with neither willing to give an inch to the other

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Yeah, I don't think Montrose had a bad game at all, which makes the result all the more satisfying.

Not expecting a promotion push or anything, but looking forward to the rest of the season.

Think it’s difficult to predict much before at least the end of the first quarter of the games, and I think I had us down for about 5th this season, but I can’t really say I’ve seen 4 teams ‘better’ than us so far to be honest. 

Don’t think it’s out with possibilities for us to chase play offs this year, definitely hope we are in the hunt for as long as possible after never really being involved last year (well, not at the top end anyway!). 

Think most of the support’s biggest concerns were our potential lack of goals would be what would restrict us this season…hopefully things continue to go the way the last month has gone. 

6 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Think it’s difficult to predict much before at least the end of the first quarter of the games, and I think I had us down for about 5th this season, but I can’t really say I’ve seen 4 teams ‘better’ than us so far to be honest. 

Don’t think it’s out with possibilities for us to chase play offs this year, definitely hope we are in the hunt for as long as possible after never really being involved last year (well, not at the top end anyway!). 

Think most of the support’s biggest concerns were our potential lack of goals would be what would restrict us this season…hopefully things continue to go the way the last month has gone. 

Aye, we're certainly looking a bit more potent than expected, with a variety of options now. Barring the unexpected discovery of a shit-hot goalscorer who somehow slipped past all the Championship clubs, you can't ask for a lot more these days.

That was a hard fought win from a stuffy game, against a Montrose side who will make it tough for any side in this league.

What a great find Rodden has been so far. Plucked from relative obscurity, he's got rough edges to his game but is a good poacher, his goals to minute ratio must be excellent.

Edited by Sixtyten